The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What fast cars do you own?

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I have a scooter, does that count ? Man, I feel a bit out of place with everyone's exotic cars lol.

Yes that counts post a pic!

Since I sold my car Im rollin in these
1745bae1.jpg

but I am borrowing this
1245086209.jpg

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
porsche 911 turbo w/ 600 hp + tons of mods

gonig up for sale in january , purchasing a used ferrari f430 or if i make enough , a mclaren slr (2005) in June.

p.s. havent been too active on the forums, but i have made it to the fastlane and im going to make a thread soon

also, MJ , mark me down as having read your book

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Knee down on my KTM Duke in TN.

jaykla

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 2, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
This is a great post. I'm loving all the cool cars you all have posted!
I personally had a 2001 Boxster S, then a 996 Turbo X-50 with some mods, then a Mercedes CLS (which I got rid of quickly) and just for the hell of it I got a Prius. I've been kinda all over the place.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
porsche 911 turbo w/ 600 hp + tons of mods

gonig up for sale in january , purchasing a used ferrari f430 or if i make enough , a mclaren slr (2005) in June.

p.s. havent been too active on the forums, but i have made it to the fastlane and im going to make a thread soon

also, MJ , mark me down as having read your book

Oooh can't wait to read it!!

My bike. A lot of fun, too bad we are expecting 10-20inches of snow tonight and tomorrow with 2-5' drifts !

View attachment 2197

Ha, I owned a Harley VROD for about a year -- decided I loved my life too much so I sold it.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Ha, I owned a Harley VROD for about a year -- decided I loved my life too much so I sold it.

Wuss :p

Just kidding, but yea, everytime you get on a bike it's a major risk that is not for everyone(an example where the short-term benefit of an adrenaline rush might not be worth the long-term risk of serious injury or death), however, the defensive driving skills needed to operate a motorcycle in the "Urban Jungle" can be very valuable towards driving a "cage" as well, don't forget that over 50,000 people are year die in motor vehicle accidents, while motorcycles have a 35x higher fatality rate per mile driven, the reality is that while cases where the rider was not at fault are prevalent, rider error and over-confidence in abilities plays a much greater role in this discrepancy and even strapping on a seat-belt in a "cage" you pose the same risk of coming across a drunk or distracted driver who could just as easily end your life by colliding head-on or t-boning your vehicle.

Cool! Here is my cat on the seat of my scooter
5260318262_d92cf9059d.jpg

Does anyone own a bugatti veyron? There must be some millionaire who does, MJ, do you?

I know he's mentioned it before, but I believe it's one of MJ's buddies from the Lambo Power Forums who owns a Veyron. The business he is in caters to a risque appetite and does it on a very large scale in order to afford a $1.6m car that also comes with insane maintenance, insurance and upkeep costs ;)

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Cool! Here is my cat on the seat of my scooter
5260318262_d92cf9059d.jpg

Does anyone own a bugatti veyron? There must be some millionaire who does, MJ, do you?

Maybe I need a new photo of my whole scooter, for real that is my scooter.

There is one guy here in town that owns one. Been on several drives with him and car shows since before he got the veyron and since he's owned it. I believe he has it for sale and is planning to get the new one but I have not asked him personally so i don't know for sure. He does drive it a lot. I think it has 7k miles on it or more and that was back in March when we did a drive to sedona.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
He does drive it a lot. I think it has 7k miles on it or more and that was back in March when we did a drive to sedona.

I love hearing stories like that!

BTW does it ever snow out in Sedona or is that only Flagstaff? I'm itching to take the Gixxer out there, but don't want to ride in snow(not that I haven't before, but that was on my crappy old YZF600R)

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I love hearing stories like that!

BTW does it ever snow out in Sedona or is that only Flagstaff? I'm itching to take the Gixxer out there, but don't want to ride in snow(not that I haven't before, but that was on my crappy old YZF600R)

Not usually but it is at an elevation where sometimes they can get snow. I've personally never seen it, then again I've seen it snow here once or twice in the 13 years I've lived here. That was freaky.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
It's sad that I don't know this, but what is "FD"- front drive?(I doubt it since Rexers are RWD) I pride myself on knowing more about cars than most, but sometimes get lost in the "forum slang" :p

Either way, I have a soft spot for early to mid 90's Jap sports/touring cars considering I used to own one.

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
I guess I grew out of the fast car thing at some point in my life. If I were to go out and buy one today it would probably be a classic muscle car, a 911, or a Vette. Just for a toy that I probably wouldn't actually drive much.

My daily driver is a Jeep Wrangler. It gets me where I need to go, which includes way out in the woods to secluded fishing spots.

I get the whole Lambo thing, but it's just not attractive to me. Seems to me I read somewhere that John Reese actually enjoyed driving his Mini Cooper far more than his Lambo. Did Frank Kern own a Lambo at one time? I think I remember reading that, or something in that class if it wasn't actually a Lambo. I see Frank's boy, Matt Trainer, is now posting pictures of his new Lambo on Facebook. It appears that the Lamborghini is a powerful symbol of success for quite a few people.

John

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
I get the whole Lambo thing, but it's just not attractive to me. Seems to me I read somewhere that John Reese actually enjoyed driving his Mini Cooper far more than his Lambo. Did Frank Kern own a Lambo at one time? I think I remember reading that, or something in that class if it wasn't actually a Lambo. I see Frank's boy, Matt Trainer, is now posting pictures of his new Lambo on Facebook. It appears that the Lamborghini is a powerful symbol of success for quite a few people.

Well it's not fun to drive a lamborghini every day. It's a hassle and very expensive. Even if I made a million a year am I really gonna go thru a 200k car every 2 years? I doubt it.

I drive a chevy express van 90% of the time. I only take out the nice cars on special occasions or late night hooliganism.

For daily use I rather drive my van. It's ugly, covered with dents but it drives good and has a good stereo. If someone crashes into it I don't care.

I will be the first to tell you that cars can be fun if they are $1k or $100k. But if you have never driven a 200k car your always going to dream about it. Once you have done it though you can come back to reality and then it's just a car. Now if you enjoy cars you may keep that 200k car or you may deciede they are pointless. Me I enjoy them both. Just like I have art work worth 50k and artwork worth 1k. End of the day I bet I enjoy them bought equally.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Well it's not fun to drive a lamborghini every day. It's a hassle and very expensive. Even if I made a million a year am I really gonna go thru a 200k car every 2 years? I doubt it.

:iagree:

How many people have a Lambo or any other exotic as a Daily Driver? Very few.

IMO that's why I'm a bigger fan of Porsche, a "daily driveable" exotic :p

I drive a chevy express van 90% of the time. I only take out the nice cars on special occasions or late night hooliganism.

From this post, I find your other post to be very ironic...

My fast cars?

2007 solstice gxp with some mods.
1973 914-6 balls out modified and scares the shit out of me.

I don't drive them much. Only when I really want to drive like a maniac.

Why is your DD the biggest car on the road and your toys the smallest?

Do you haul a lot of people or stuff on a daily basis? Seems to me that a nice Corolla like ours would make a better DD for you ;)

Either way, I gotta give you props on your toys, I love small cars that make for a lot of fun on an AutoX or Road Course :)

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
:iagree:
Why is your DD the biggest car on the road and your toys the smallest?

Do you haul a lot of people or stuff on a daily basis? Seems to me that a nice Corolla like ours would make a better DD for you ;)

I only live a few miles from the office so gas is not much of a concern for me. But yes I have to haul things now and then. Not every day but 2-3 times a week. Also driving something that I just don't give a shit about is very liberating for me.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Also driving something that I just don't give a shit about is very liberating for me.

Ahh, but what does it do for the other people on the road?:driving: :rofl:

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
1992 Volvo 740

However, when I was in EMS I did get to drive the "fly car" (old police car given to the rescue squad) around 100 mph on an empty country road going to a call. Honestly, quite scary, and something I wouldn't repeat.

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

For daily use I rather drive my van. It's ugly, covered with dents but it drives good and has a good stereo. If someone crashes into it I don't care.

I will be the first to tell you that cars can be fun if they are $1k or $100k. But if you have never driven a 200k car your always going to dream about it. Once you have done it though you can come back to reality and then it's just a car. Now if you enjoy cars you may keep that 200k car or you may deciede they are pointless. Me I enjoy them both. Just like I have art work worth 50k and artwork worth 1k. End of the day I bet I enjoy them bought equally.

I've owned 2 lambo's over the past 7 years. When I sold the first lambo for the current one, I did only because they came out with the spyder version of the one I had and I can honestly say I got just as excited when I drove it today as I did when I got my first one and I've had other exotic's besides lambo's. For me the Lambo was always a dream car. Similar to MJ's story. However I am a true car fanatic so I've had over the years everything from 70's muscle to current muscle to benz's and BMW's. I drive my benz the most and its by far the best daily driver I've ever had. On that note......

I'm not sure if you have ever owned a lambo but I can tell you its fun driving it everyday. Realistically I don't do it as much as I'd like to because it just doesn't work well when you are running errands but i have on occasion driven daily between my office and my house when the weather is just to nice not to be riding with the top down.

Expensive to drive ? NO. Expensive to maintain ? It can be, but if you can afford a $250k car then you can afford to maintain it. It wouldn't stop me from driving it everyday. The gallardo is a great car and very reliable. I know a few guys that drive them 4 or 5 times a week if not daily.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Thanks for that post AJGlobal!

I've heard too many horror stories of the "be careful what you wish for..." variety where someone gets their dream car and the joy wears off. I'm in the same boat as you, I LOVE cars and originally went to school to be a mechanical engineer b/c I wanted to design my own car one day. This is why I love Porsche, while the 911 isn't as exotic as a Lambo or Ferrari, it's the closest you'll get to owning a bona-fide daily driver exotic, although as you stated the Gallardo is pretty comfortable for daily use as I'm sure the 430 or 458 are as well ;)

That is a huge improvement over the good ol' days where Diablos and 355s were just toys that were not practical for daily use.

On that note, I'm so happy that my wall calendar(that I bought from the .99 store) has the exotics of the 90's. These were the cars I grew up dreaming about and even though I'd take a Murci over a Diablo, I'd take an F50(or F40) over ANY Ferrari build in the last 10yrs or a 993 over a 996/997 :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.