The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are you doing with your dash?

Anything related to matters of the mind

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I am a member of a local investors club that meets once a month. The organizer is a wealthy individual who has made his riches in the stock market (mostly). Each meeting he has a set agenda and about 15-20 slides to present, showing news clips from various trade circulars, newsletters, etc. The guy really knows his stuff and not only knows where to find the information that matters most, but also how to decipher it into building wealth. I've learned a lot from his presentations to say the least.

However, the one thing he always puts in his presentation is a page that shows a tombstone with an epitaph that reads:

John W. Smith
R.I.P.
6/2/17 - 4/18/98

There is an arrow that points to the dash between the birth and death dates to which he simply writes: What are doing with your dash?

It is a stern reminder that we are all mortal and (at least for now) will not live forever, and what we do today does matter in the scheme of things - not only to ourselves, but to our children, and to others.

What are you doing with your dash?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.