The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the top skills required for the Fastlane?

Anything related to matters of the mind

InfinityStones

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 6, 2019
Hello

I want to devote the next ten years developing these essential skills (from books + videos + podcasts):
  • Cash Flow Skills
  • Sales Skills
  • Marketing Skills
  • Negotiation Skills
  • People Management Skills

Are there any other skills that you feel are important to develop?

10 years because consistency is one of my strengths and I am long term orientated by nature.

PS: I run 3 businesses and I am a Lawyer - so I will be able to practice what I learn almost immediately.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
The most important skill I value is hanging around places where you are in a position of getting new useful information on business.

I mean 2 days ago I was struggling to figure out how to build a smell free pit latrine toilet for the rental property im developing. Then I decided to visit local bars in the area with these local guys I met a week ago. Guess what? when I went to use the rest room. I discovered a new idea. The toiled was filled with water which made it smell free and now Im going to build the toilets exactly the same way.

Another example would be hanging out on the fast lane forum... It has completely changed my life....

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The ability to stop talking & thinking then actually do.

InfinityStones

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 6, 2019
We could link up books to the different skills. Here are mines:

• Cash Flow Skills - still need to find a great source
  • Sales Skills - The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer
  • Marketing Skills - still need to find a great source. Although I do read alot on Amazon because my businesses are online.
  • Negotiation Skills - Getting More by Stuart Diamond (this is a game changer for me. Read multiple times)
  • People Management Skills - Dale Carnegie books + Richard Branson Books (the Virigin Way reading now)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Honestly. I'm convinced its Self management , show me the guy with the best daily rituals and habits and you've shown me the person who will have no trouble...

1.) Getting money together
2.) Selling or learning to sell
3.)staying focused (no shiny thing syndrome)
4.)making tough calls (firing and hiring)

Etc , honestly if someones having trouble getting things going and they've read the book and are on the forum everyone says "try this" , "read this" , no! , Re-evaluate yourself from the ground up.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 26, 2018
Honestly. I'm convinced its Self management , show me the guy with the best daily rituals and habits and you've shown me the person who will have no trouble...

1.) Getting money together
2.) Selling or learning to sell
3.)staying focused (no shiny thing syndrome)
4.)making tough calls (firing and hiring)

Etc , honestly if someones having trouble getting things going and they've read the book and are on the forum everyone says "try this" , "read this" , no! , Re-evaluate yourself from the ground up.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.