The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We beat Mrs Hinch and the Royal Family...

Anything related to matters of the mind

drum_hacker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 20, 2019
Sup FLF!

Hope you're all respectively awesome and having amazing unscripted days!

So I posted just over a week ago that I had self-published my first ever booky-wook and thought you might be interested in how it's getting on. First week stats below... fyi if you are not from the UK, 'Barry from Eastenders' would be akin to receiving a congratulations message from Gunther from Friends or Bobby Kimball from Toto...

In this first 7 days we have:
✅ Hit number 1 in Amazon’s ‘hot new releases’ (beating Mrs Hinch, and the Royal Family book) #keephinchatbay
✅ Hit first 500 copies sold
✅ Hit top 10 out of ALL Amazon books in the Self-help category
✅ Hit top 1,000 ranking out of ALL books on Amazon in all categories
✅ Received more happy customer messages than we can keep track of
✅ Set up shop in US, Canada, and Australia
✅ Got a ‘Congrats’ message from Barry From Eastenders!!!!

I also wanted to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to all of you FLF's that took me up on my offer of a free book - and I super appreciate the feedback from you all so far.

The offer still stands, if any of you want me to send the digital version of the book then just holla' me on IG @drum_hacker or @_lee_bridges or at lee@leebridges.co.uk and I'll drop one right up in your inbox.

We are now trying to get the book in national stores, and doing as big a guerrilla campaign as possible - any ideas for publicity stunts, marketing, ads etc SUPER welcome!

You guys are awesome!

Inabit

Lee
x

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• covercut.png
    covercut.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 7
  • bye hinchy.jpg
    bye hinchy.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Good Job. Well done!

Barry from Eastenders! Get Zammo from Grange Hill and you'll be sorted :)

When you say National stores where do you mean?

Apart from the odd Waterstones, the supermarkets killed off all the bookshops and I am not sure they would put your book on the shelves due to the cover.

Dan

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Sup FLF!

Hope you're all respectively awesome and having amazing unscripted days!

So I posted just over a week ago that I had self-published my first ever booky-wook and thought you might be interested in how it's getting on. First week stats below... fyi if you are not from the UK, 'Barry from Eastenders' would be akin to receiving a congratulations message from Gunther from Friends or Bobby Kimball from Toto...

In this first 7 days we have:
✅ Hit number 1 in Amazon’s ‘hot new releases’ (beating Mrs Hinch, and the Royal Family book) #keephinchatbay
✅ Hit first 500 copies sold
✅ Hit top 10 out of ALL Amazon books in the Self-help category
✅ Hit top 1,000 ranking out of ALL books on Amazon in all categories
✅ Received more happy customer messages than we can keep track of
✅ Set up shop in US, Canada, and Australia
✅ Got a ‘Congrats’ message from Barry From Eastenders!!!!

I also wanted to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to all of you FLF's that took me up on my offer of a free book - and I super appreciate the feedback from you all so far.

The offer still stands, if any of you want me to send the digital version of the book then just holla' me on IG @drum_hacker or @_lee_bridges or at lee@leebridges.co.uk and I'll drop one right up in your inbox.

We are now trying to get the book in national stores, and doing as big a guerrilla campaign as possible - any ideas for publicity stunts, marketing, ads etc SUPER welcome!

You guys are awesome!

Inabit

Lee
x
Awesome Progress! I would love to get your book.

drum_hacker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 20, 2019
Good Job. Well done!

Barry from Eastenders! Get Zammo from Grange Hill and you'll be sorted :)

When you say National stores where do you mean?

Apart from the odd Waterstones, the supermarkets killed off all the bookshops and I am not sure they would put your book on the shelves due to the cover.

Dan
Hey Dan,

Looooool! I literally haven't thought about Zammo for time!

There's still a surprising amount of bricks and mortar shops, that also have online stores - there's a few big distro COs too that I'm in chats with...

But re: the cover, I think you are on point, however not a problem to change to the non explicit version, or stick an old school 'explicit' sticker over the bad words :p

Hope you're really well mate! All good at your end?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@biophase was in a book store a while back and took a photo of about 10 books with similar covers as yours, so I doubt your cover would be an issue in USA or Canada. That seems to be the trend these days in book titles, so if anything it will probably help you out

drum_hacker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 20, 2019
@biophase was in a book store a while back and took a photo of about 10 books with similar covers as yours, so I doubt your cover would be an issue in USA or Canada. That seems to be the trend these days in book titles, so if anything it will probably help you out
Indeedy, there are a bunch out there :) Hope you're really well

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.