The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

User's searchin for URL instead of enterin in the address bar

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I have a new website, let's call it. www.abc.com. when I tell new potential customers about it. I find out that most of them can't find the site because instead of going to the address bar and entering www.abc.com, they go to the search tab on the far right of most browsers which could be bing, yahoo, google, etc and enter www.abc.com or abc.com and can't find the site. How can I use meta tags to have my page show up first whenever someone searchs for the domainname. I don't care about getting it ranked high for any other thing, just the domain name.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

8020blogger

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 4, 2011
UK
I have a new website, let's call it. www.abc.com. when I tell new potential customers about it. I find out that most of them can't find the site because instead of going to the address bar and entering www.abc.com, they go to the search tab on the far right of most browsers which could be bing, yahoo, google, etc and enter www.abc.com or abc.com and can't find the site. How can I use meta tags to have my page show up first whenever someone searchs for the domainname. I don't care about getting it ranked high for any other thing, just the domain name.

Thanks

How old is the site, perhaps it is not indexed in Google yet. Yahoo and Bing often take an age to index a new page. You could build a couple of links to the homepage to help get it indexed. If it's indexed it should show up when you type the whole url into the search box.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
You should always rank first for your domain name without having to do much. If you don't rank first for your domain name, your site is either new (which it is in your case) or penalized.

Since your site is new, give it some time and build a few links with your domain name as the anchor text. You should easily rank first for the domain name within a few weeks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.