The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Uncovering Business Pain Points

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
Hello everyone. I'm going to be attending a small business networking event this weekend, and I'm looking for some feedback and ideas. My main goals as of now are:

1. To ask them wether they would be interested in a website concept that I have that may benefit them.
2. If they are interested, give them a brief demo showing them how it works (I have a prototype web app to show them)
3. Find other pain points that they may have in their businesses that can be solved with software
4. Get contact info

Ultimately I am a software developer who can build websites and I want to probe the business owners minds to see what pain points they have and potentially create a business from that. Are there any specific questions I should ask them, or things I should add to my goals for that day? Any thoughts, opinions, feedback, or criticism is appreciated :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
If you have a web app prototype, I'm assuming it solves a specific problem/pain-point. So I'd lead with that--ask how often they have the problem, how big a problem it is, what impact the problem has, how having a solution to the problem would impact them, etc.

If they DON'T have the problem, ask what their biggest challenge is right now or in the next 60 days. Ask the same probing questions from above.

Even if your web app has no interest (or "meh" interest, which is really a "not interested"), you can uncover other problems people would pay to have solved. If you can solve them, great, but if not, you can still provide value by introducing them to someone or a resource that'd help them.

Your goals should be to:
  • validate (or invalidate) your web app idea
  • dig for other problems
  • help every single person in whatever way you can--even with a kind word

OP
OP
O

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
I really like the biggest challenge question and helping in any way that I can. Thanks for your comments. They are highly appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
It's definitely possible, although it may not be feasible right away. I'm from the U.S. but have...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock