What's new

Turn turn turn

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

GoldenEggs

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
320
Location
Silicon Valley, CA
Rep Bank
$465
User Power: 13%
I just caught the tail end of a documentary on Pete Seeger and I was reflecting on my life from high school to now. I almost feel like I have come full circle. My original life goal/plan was to be become an attorney so that I could fight for people’s rights and right injustices. Then I decided a politician was better at accomplishing those goals. After some life experiences, I became jaded and decided those were ridiculous, unattainable goals. I graduated a political scientist who didn’t vote and didn’t care. I had lost faith in politics and righting injustices but had not quite given up. Maybe it was the years of “forced volunteerism†(for high school and my religion) but I kept getting drawn to do volunteer work. I worked as an assistant case manager for Girls, Inc. and later as an AmeriCorps member. But since social change didn’t pay enough (in my mind), I decided to be a paralegal because it seemed like an easy job that would pay well.

I figured with all the money I’d make, I could donate more money to support my causes. But that didn’t feel like it was “enough†for me. Then I learned about passive income and was excited by the possibility of creating passive income that could support my family so that I could focus on things that really mattered to me. I’m investing now and definitely had unexpected challenges but interestingly enough, now I may be in position to do what I had originally planned to do with my life. Without being an attorney or a politician!

I’m really excited about the new possibility. It also makes me feel a bit better about investing because it’s not just about the money now. A lot has happened in my life and at the time, I didn’t understand why/how it happened and thought it was so unfair. But each time, those experiences have been a “blessing†and led me to another experience that helped me to grow.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Podi qutv. O dep simevi e movvmi vu zuas qutovoup. O xepvif vu ci op vji Eos Gusdi, e fudvus, e tdoipvotv, ivd, ivd. O jef (epf tvomm jewi) nepz opvisitvt epf ov't jesf vu tez "ul, O'n huoph vu gudat up upi ug vjin epf xomm ci ep YZB gus vji sitv ug nz mogi". Gappz vjoph ot vjev opwitvoph dep emmux ni vji voni vu fu epz ug vjin, tjuamf O xotj vu.

Wumapviisoph ot emtu duum. O xepv vu dsievi nz uxp djesovz (upi loft-simevif upi xjodj xomm caomf pup-simohouat catopitt tdjuumt gus loft op vjosf-xusmf epf fiwimuqoph duapvsoit), epf O en emtu op vji Duetv Haesf jisi (iraowemipv vu vji AT Duetv Haesf Eayommoesz - xi katv fu tiesdj epf sitdai lopf ug tvagg, pu nomovesz/mex ipgusdinipv tvagg).

O en ecuav vu tipf zua e qsowevi nittehi ecuav Hosmt, Opd. Xi fup'v jewi ov jisi, epf ov tuapft opvisitvoph. :-)

Fepoim.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom