The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Toxic friend

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

eccehomo

New Contributor
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
How do you guys deal with a failed friendship or relationship in general? Entrepreneurship, finances, health are all on you. But a relationship is a two way street. As someone dedicated to success I want to succeed in everything I do including relationships but what if the other person is not conscious enough for success or is a bad influence or doesnt reciprocate? I feel if I let it go I would feel like a failure because maybe there was something I couldve done?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
You can't control other people. You can only control yourself and the way you react/respond to people.

If a person doesn't want to do something or doesn't want to be something there is nothing that you can do aside from become fully informed and empowered to make a decision based on this information.... you can either continue to carry on and deal with them or, you can disengage/ disregard them.

Lead by example. Never try to change anyone or impose upon them.

mve0991

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
In the example of a relationship, I think you should be somewhat on the same page, or at least understand and accept each other to make it work. My girlfriend and I are completely different when it comes to entrepreneurship, but because we talk about it and understand and support each other, we do not see this as a problem in our relationship. She is now even interested in reading the book :)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
How do you guys deal with a failed friendship or relationship in general? Entrepreneurship, finances, health are all on you. But a relationship is a two way street. As someone dedicated to success I want to succeed in everything I do including relationships but what if the other person is not conscious enough for success or is a bad influence or doesnt reciprocate? I feel if I let it go I would feel like a failure because maybe there was something I couldve done?

Ditch your toxic friend and never look back.

Tobies

New Contributor
May 12, 2020
Denver
It’s easy for me to stop communicating with a person, but to stay in good relations with him. When I first met, I warned you that my family and my work are in the first place and this takes a lot of time, so I can not sacrifice this in order to drink beer at the bar. I may not have friends, but there are no toxic people in my life.

Charly

New Contributor
May 6, 2020
US
I try to see if spending time with people gives me energy or if it drains it. If you feel tired or stressed after spending time with your friend, it's not a good sign.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
No, you gotta look out for number 1.
I've never, ever regretted cutting out a toxic person in it life. Only regretted not cutting them out SOONER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Not in the sense of literally fighting but in a form of encouragement, you got this, all for the...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
After going through this thread, I believe the biggest fear of people on the fence is all about...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock