The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Too scared to take the plunge?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
You know what it's like to be too scared to take a risk with entrepreneurship right? We have all been there at one point or another. Maybe years later in your journey, you're still scared about some things.

For the typical wantrepreneur it may sound something like this:

"I would totally start this importing business, but I just don't think I can talk to overseas manufacturers. I'm too small for them to sell to me!"

So then you keep doing what you're doing and mentally masturbate about it for years to come.

For the more seasoned entrepreneur it may sound like this:

"I just can't raise my pricing even though I need to because my customers will be pissed! There will be a backlash and my business will collapse!"

Sounds like you either collapse from having no cash flow or you raise prices and things will probably turn out just fine. If not, your business collapses and that's alright too.

I had a life-changing conversation a few years back that completely changed my life for the better.

Here's what I learned:

No matter how scared you are to take the risk, it's never as bad as you have worked it up to be. Ever. You know what else is great? There is always a safety net on the other side. There will always be a net on the other side to catch you if you fail.

When taking a leap of any sort into an unknown territory you will most likely come out alive. Anything that happens in between is a learning experience.

I have moved across the country multiple times not knowing what would happen but a safety net appeared. I tried to start multiple businesses and failed over and over. There was a safety net that appeared. It always came just when I needed it.

You either live your life for someone else and then you die or you live your life for yourself and die.

The safety net has never failed me and it won't fail you either. Take the plunge into the unknown and have fun!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
And sometimes it may just be the best decision you've ever made....

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
I have to say - I constantly hear from entrepreneurs about the fear thing and I can't relate. I've never been scared of it, vice versa - I'm scared to death thinking I'd be doing the same shitty dayjob 214 days a year for 40 years. I somehow don't see how entrepreneurship is a risk - you don't risk anything that you aren't risking every day either way. I only see starting a entrepreneurial project as "a risk" if it's done stupidly. But that goes for everything that is done without a plan, consideration and goal.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Im not afraid of taking the plunge. Its everything else that scares me.

Signing a lease on commercial property and seeing that it has to be under your name AND your company's name because its a new company is a pretty scary thing. You see all sorts of scary paragraphs on the lease like "if you default everything in the location is ours." and "you will be responsible for all attorney's fees should we need to come after you for the rent."

And then the fear of not having a financial cushion large enough to cover home expenses AND business expenses in the absolute worst case scenario.

But then I started thinking well why am I worried about worst case scenario of no sales vs concentrating on actually making sales. Ive always been the type to do heavy planning, but not knowing what your income will be like is a pretty scary thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.