The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to quit

Siloben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 4, 2017
The Netherlands
Hello everyone.
My name is Simone, just turned 24 and I'm from The Netherlands ( so excuse my english). I am very excited to participate in this forum and learn a lot. Long story short. I took a (SHITTY) job to safe 15k and am now more than ready to quit and start my own business. I'm working on finding the best start up ideas within my budget. I want to do it right the first time because I'm not planning on going back to a regular job after I quit this one.
Any ideas are welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Markbb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 3, 2017
USA
Simone, welcome to freedom and what will probably be a very exciting adventure. Be prepared to work harder then ever before but at the same time being happy and loving what you do. What is most important is to pick something that you LOVE and I mean really enjoy. Your passion is what is key because it keeps you coming back day after day. "Doing it right the first time" is almost impossible so don't set that up as a criteria for success. It is more important to "Learn Every Time You Do Something"...

Find your passion and then go for it... know you will be successful and with proper discipline you will be.

Siloben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 4, 2017
The Netherlands
Simone, welcome to freedom and what will probably be a very exciting adventure. Be prepared to work harder then ever before but at the same time being happy and loving what you do. What is most important is to pick something that you LOVE and I mean really enjoy. Your passion is what is key because it keeps you coming back day after day. "Doing it right the first time" is almost impossible so don't set that up as a criteria for success. It is more important to "Learn Every Time You Do Something"...

Find your passion and then go for it... know you will be successful and with proper discipline you will be.

Thanks for your reply Markbb,

Very helpful words, I will keep them in mind.
I don't really know what my passion is, so i'll have to figure that out first..

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Welcome! I would suggest reading The Millionaire Fastlane first. And I suggest ignoring advice about basing your business around your passion. Read TMF and it will shed light on why "my passion" is a poor basis for a business.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Welcome!

I suggest:

1. Find a way to pay the bills (this can be freelancing, or any other hustle you can drum up) - if you don't do this, you may have to return to the dreaded job at some point.
2. Use your spare time to find a problem/pain-point/need, and then build a business that will solve it.
3. Market the hell out of your business.
4. Be rich.

It's that simple.

The hardest step there is (2). If you do (2) correctly, you may even fail in all the other steps, and you can still be successful.

Also 15K isn't a lot, so be careful how you spend it. I'd try to launch a business with as little as possible out of that. Also that money will be a good cushion while you find a reliable way to pay the bills. Whatever you do, guard that money carefully, that represents all of your current resources.

Oh and yeah - forget the passion stuff :)

Siloben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 4, 2017
The Netherlands
Welcome!

I suggest:

1. Find a way to pay the bills (this can be freelancing, or any other hustle you can drum up) - if you don't do this, you may have to return to the dreaded job at some point.
2. Use your spare time to find a problem/pain-point/need, and then build a business that will solve it.
3. Market the hell out of your business.
4. Be rich.

It's that simple.

The hardest step there is (2). If you do (2) correctly, you may even fail in all the other steps, and you can still be successful.

Also 15K isn't a lot, so be careful how you spend it. I'd try to launch a business with as little as possible out of that. Also that money will be a good cushion while you find a reliable way to pay the bills. Whatever you do, guard that money carefully, that represents all of your current resources.

Oh and yeah - forget the passion stuff :)

Thanks for your Reply, Very helpful!!!!!!
I'm just now reading about that Passion stuff in the Book, Always found that 'finding your passion' stuff complicated so this is making things a lot clearer and easier.:thumbsup:

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Hello everyone.
My name is Simone, just turned 24 and I'm from The Netherlands ( so excuse my english). I am very excited to participate in this forum and learn a lot. Long story short. I took a (SHITTY) job to safe 15k and am now more than ready to quit and start my own business. I'm working on finding the best start up ideas within my budget. I want to do it right the first time because I'm not planning on going back to a regular job after I quit this one.
Any ideas are welcome!
Welcome, Simone. Read the forum and learn - great place to start. Find where you can deliver value and go for it! Don't expect your first venture to be a huge success, so keep failing forward!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...