• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Tim Ferris and concept of mini retirement.

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Nik@16, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Nik@16

Nik@16 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    Mini retirements vs f*ck you money for life.
    Which lifestyle is better and more plausible and why ?

2. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,857
    I tried being retired. Hated it.
    Having enough income, without a traditional job, is an interesting position. Buying and owning stuff doesn't mean as much. The rush quickly fizzles out. When you can buy what you want, when you want it, there's no real urgency. I'm into the idea that less is more. Less makes life a lot more simple.

Shepherd and Nik@16 like this.
  3. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $980
    I left my corporate job and spent a season skiing (and other adventures) fulltime. I'd say the 4hww probably added to my inspiration to do so.

Life is short, there are no guarantees. If you have an opportunity to pursue a dream, I think it should seriously be considered.

There is no right answer to that question, I'd say it depends on the person.

Fastlane Liam and Shepherd like this.
  4. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,719
    I think a lot of people (especially in the FIRE community) confuse retirement and freedom.

Retirement has been put on a pedestal that is the ultimate goal for many people, especially if you can retire early.

What you don't hear are the people just plain bored during retirement. The people who spend their whole lives dedicated to building the "dream" (aka their retirement), only to find that now they have no purpose.

What people really want is freedom.

You'd probably be surprised to hear that most people actually don't mind working at all, as long as it's meaningful work and aligns with their core values.

Personally, I want a location independent business + assets that provide me with cashflow and investment opportunities, rather than a lump sum of cash in an index fund.

If you're interested in these ideas, here's a couple podcasts I really enjoyed:

Podcast 9 - Core Values And Your Success

http://www.tropicalmba.com/40percentrule/

http://www.tropicalmba.com/retirementcult/

5. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $875
    Being retired doesn't guarantee happiness. There have been some cases of passive suicide (even active suicide) after people retire and become depressed because they feel useless to the world. Boredom really is a killer and idle hands are indeed the devil's workshop. I equate happiness with freedom and being retired and free is a lot more conducive to happiness than being retired and not free/happy.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.