Brief Backstory:
I was trying to sell pictures (stock photography). It wasn't going anywhere. Started reading TMFL book again and realized some hard truths.
1. I was trying to fit in "what I love"
2. I have nothing particularly new, different or outstanding to offer.
3. Trying to do it all myself means no scale.
I was getting orders though. Problem: I was trying to sell a picture of something and buyers were trying to purchase the product shown in the picture. As someone noted in a previous thread: Opportunity!
I have yet to find or create a source for that specific product but I started researching the market and came up with a potentially great idea. I spent $50 on materials a couple of days ago, did a bunch of work putting together a package and taking pictures, then listed it on Amazon. It's been up all of about 30 minutes.
Here's a page with the pics and links to Amazon:
http://www.scrappysquares.com
I'm hoping some of the experienced ecommerce and/or fastlaners here will weigh in. In pouring through the book this seems to meet all the criteria for a potential fastlane. It needs a lot of work initially because I'll need to design/create additional packages. I'm in talks with some Chinese manufacturers so that I can get custom designs done and have them take care of all the prep work. The longer term goal is to have the manufacturer create, package and ship to Amazon's warehouse(s), let Amazon do the fulfillment and thus have it 99% automated.
I've actually done similar things as an affiliate in the past but only earned 8-10% of retail. With this road, even after Amazon fees I'm at 50%+ profit margins.
Am I missing something obvious? Not obvious? Thoughts, questions, opinions?
Thanks in advance,
Kathy
I was trying to sell pictures (stock photography). It wasn't going anywhere. Started reading TMFL book again and realized some hard truths.
1. I was trying to fit in "what I love"
2. I have nothing particularly new, different or outstanding to offer.
3. Trying to do it all myself means no scale.
I was getting orders though. Problem: I was trying to sell a picture of something and buyers were trying to purchase the product shown in the picture. As someone noted in a previous thread: Opportunity!
I have yet to find or create a source for that specific product but I started researching the market and came up with a potentially great idea. I spent $50 on materials a couple of days ago, did a bunch of work putting together a package and taking pictures, then listed it on Amazon. It's been up all of about 30 minutes.
Here's a page with the pics and links to Amazon:
http://www.scrappysquares.com
I'm hoping some of the experienced ecommerce and/or fastlaners here will weigh in. In pouring through the book this seems to meet all the criteria for a potential fastlane. It needs a lot of work initially because I'll need to design/create additional packages. I'm in talks with some Chinese manufacturers so that I can get custom designs done and have them take care of all the prep work. The longer term goal is to have the manufacturer create, package and ship to Amazon's warehouse(s), let Amazon do the fulfillment and thus have it 99% automated.
I've actually done similar things as an affiliate in the past but only earned 8-10% of retail. With this road, even after Amazon fees I'm at 50%+ profit margins.
Am I missing something obvious? Not obvious? Thoughts, questions, opinions?
Thanks in advance,
Kathy
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
