The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This will forever change you - very powerful and not for the weak!

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
As I pursue my Fastlane I have gotten away from trying to take in much more information, except for information that I can listen to in the form of audiobooks when driving. Over the past week I have been listening to The Road to Riches via Audible. I had heard of the author before but did not know much about him. This audiobook happens to be narrated by the original author from tapes that were discovered in 1960. They basically stitched together his teachings that were recorded as he delivered them to live audiences.

In a nutshell the author Napoleon Hill was commissioned by Andrew Carnegie Hall who was arguably the richest man in the world in the early 1900's, to study the richest and most powerful people in the world at that time and to develop a blueprint that anyone could understand and achieve. Some of the 500+ people he interviewed along the way were:

Andrew Carnegie
Henry Ford
Thomas Edison
Alexander Graham Bell
William H. Taft
John D. Rockefeller
Harvey Samuel Firestone
Theodore Roosevelt
Charles M. Schwab
F. W. Woolworth
Daniel Thew Wright and William Wrigley
Woodrow Wilson
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

and many more...

it took a few minutes to get used to his accent (semi-southern draw) but he lays out this goldmine of information in a manner that is easily absorbed (at least for me). It is a trip to hear him reference as being alive at the time famous people who are long gone. He, himself became very rich.

The Millionaire Fastlane is a priceless guide for our times. Similar to Mr. Hill's teachings, MJ's work in writing this book has provided all of us a treasure of information that is priceless.

Listen to this audiobook, coupled with the Millionaire Fastlane and you will have no choice but to take action. You will have the biggest fire lit under your a$$ that you have ever experienced and if that doesn't get you moving, well you just aren't alive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chance_Taken

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 13, 2014
The book that this is all in reference to is "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill. The book was originally written in the 1930's just after the great depression. They have since done a few adaptations and updated some of the content in it with the new editions they have done. It is definitely a must read for anyone looking for success in life!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Think & Grow Rich was the first business book I ever purchased.

It was an audio set too- on clearance when Borders went out of business.

It was a $50 anniversary set- with 21st century updates throughout and I got it for $7.

Honestly I stopped listening when he started getting to the science part of the brain --- I iust can't get into stuff like that- but everything that came before that was soooo good-

The most memorable stuff was the Coca Cola recipe and the Henry Ford story. Also the part where he needed that $1M for church...

Napoleon Hill taught me: There are no short cuts.

Maybe with my new mindset I will go back and listen to the last 2 CDs.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
For me the audio of such a legend at a time that I only know about through movies, documentaries and reading just made it that more real for me. The exposure and access he had to the powerful and successful people he studied strongly reaffirms the recipe for success and action and the laws of the universe. The message is very I impactful much like MFL.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Honestly... I'm not that big on Think and Grow Rich.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good book, has lots of crucial information, and it's something everyone should read. And if you find it awe-inspiring, and it gets you to take action, then I'm happy for you.

When I read the book, both the original and the modern adaptation, it felt dated. The examples seemed out of touch, the writing style was different, and the whole atmosphere just seemed very weird compared to the world today. It just hasn't held up as well as a book like How to Win Friends and Influence People, which feels timeless and relateable despite it's age.

Like I said, not a bad book by any means, but it didn't "forever change" me. I would argue that for the majority of people, in 2014, a book like TMF or Choose Yourself would have a more profound effect.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I read Think And Grow Rich a long time ago. I remember feeling excited and enthusiastic about heading forward on a Journey to get rich. I've fallen in so many ruts since then. What really got me out of my rut was a book by him only released a few years ago (late 2012) "Outwitting the devil". After reading outwitting the devil, I read TMF . So I guess it was a combination of both books.

If you like Napoleon Hill's works, I think you will get something good to take away from "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen. It's very short, if you are a fast reader you could read it in ten minutes.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly... I'm not that big on Think and Grow Rich.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good book, has lots of crucial information, and it's something everyone should read. And if you find it awe-inspiring, and it gets you to take action, then I'm happy for you.

When I read the book, both the original and the modern adaptation, it felt dated. The examples seemed out of touch, the writing style was different, and the whole atmosphere just seemed very weird compared to the world today. It just hasn't held up as well as a book like How to Win Friends and Influence People, which feels timeless and relateable despite it's age.

Like I said, not a bad book by any means, but it didn't "forever change" me. I would argue that for the majority of people, in 2014, a book like TMF or Choose Yourself would have a more profound effect.

Thanks @Boxter. To your point I think if as an individual you can get something out of it then at the end of the day thats all that matters. Good feedback

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Think & Grow Rich was the first business book I ever purchased.

It was an audio set too- on clearance when Borders went out of business.

It was a $50 anniversary set- with 21st century updates throughout and I got it for $7.

Honestly I stopped listening when he started getting to the science part of the brain --- I iust can't get into stuff like that- but everything that came before that was soooo good-

The most memorable stuff was the Coca Cola recipe and the Henry Ford story. Also the part where he needed that $1M for church...

Napoleon Hill taught me: There are no short cuts.

Maybe with my new mindset I will go back and listen to the last 2 CDs.

Full disclosure, I am only through the initial parts of it. Who knows if I end up feeling the same ;-) go back and listen if you think you can gain something. All I know is that I am on fire!!!

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Think and Grow Rich + Rich Dad, Poor Dad were the first two business books I read when I was 15 or so.

Now that I think about it, those were the first two books I actually read cover to cover.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.