The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"This Is The Best Time Of The Day"

Anything related to matters of the mind

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
“This is the best time of the day.”

These are the words a colleague uttered to me at 5pm this week as he eagerly exited the office building.

A celebration of eight hours he had exhausted from his finite life.

Hours that’ll never be refunded.

I only find myself back in the rigid corporate environment momentarily as a consultant to inject some added cash to my business venture.

This brief conversation was telling. It reinforced the mindset shift I’ve undergone.

It reminded me I too was once in the corporate drone mindset. Ruing waking up, thirsting for 5pm, craving the weekend, clutching for holidays.

My corporate homecoming shows me how my thinking has shifted.

It renews motivation to succeed as an entrepreneur; removing the need to ever return fulltime to cubicle-bound servitude.

How could I ever return to this environment? To 30-plus years of clock-watching?

The best part of the day shouldn’t be the end. It should be the beginning.

We should be enthused to wake up and welcome what’s ahead of us on this aimlessly spinning planet of ours.

Spending each day willing the hours away is tantamount to incrementally inviting death to greet us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
I've always wondered, what would happen if there were only entrepreneurs and no employees! In the new world of work, we're already moving towards project based assignments - more collaboration, where teams form, work on a project, then after it's completed - dissemble and disperse. Only to form a new team on a totally different project. Tom Peters talked about this...

But could organizations exist without those cubicles? Would the pyramids have been built by themselves? I'm definitely grateful for what I have now, but complacency is the danger lurking...

Curios whether you consider yourself as an Entrepreneur or Freelancer (Consultant)?

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Curios whether you consider yourself as an Entrepreneur or Freelancer (Consultant)?

As a consultant I am most definitely not an entrepreneur.

It's a marginal improvement on fulltime employment. You get paid more, aren't tied to one place indefinitely, and don't have to deal with internal corporate machinations; but it still requires a suit and spending time in an office.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.