The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This 20-year-old's startup does $44 million in sales

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
William Wolfram was 15 years old when he struck on his first successful venture, although as a business it was more of a hack than a carefully constructed enterprise. He would scour YouTube for popular user-generated videos and then offer to buy the accounts for $50 or $100. Because he was so young, his mom had to sign the checks. Then he would take over the accounts and insert affiliate links into the video descriptions. So every time someone watched a wakeboarding video, say, and then bought a wakeboard after following one of those links, he would pocket the referral fee.

This 20-year-old’s three-year-old startup did $44M in revenue last year | PandoDaily

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
The "Buy it now" option is genius. I never liked sites like that though feels like an unregualted lottery.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
The "Buy it now" option is genius. I never liked sites like that though feels like an unregualted lottery.

That's the entire point of it, people are addicted to the lottery and the chance to win big...and when they don't they come back again and again. It's even called a lottery in the article.

-Unrelated-

I wonder what it takes to get a site like that running? I feel like with the right exposure it can easily be successful.

I suppose you could start with only like 5 items and move up as you make money.

Great article OP, loved reading it...thanks for the share!

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
As soon as these companies get big enough they'll encounter the government radar over lottery issues. Quibids is advertising a lot now as well. It takes a lot of educating consumers to this way of selling. Real interesting twist though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.