The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The younger the better

lucasmello

Business Bear Means Business
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jun 25, 2014
Ola!

My name is Lucas Paiva and I am a 17 year old from Brazil.

About me

When I was 12 I decided that the only boss I would ever want is my client, and that was the beginning of my entrepeneurial journey. The next year, I made some money from hustling clothes from America and made a quick buck, however, my target audience was not adequate and as such it didn't last long. Between there and here, I've worked for small governments doing web designs, had internships in family's companies, and even did some hustling(nothing major). I've known wanted to have my own company and now that I approach my 18th birthday, I realize it is time to act.

I read TheMillionaire Fastlane (alongside some other entrepeneurial books) last year and realized something many here don't have. My family was until I was 11, middle class, but then, my dad started a new company and it worked very well(still does). I am a very skeptical person, and what works in America may not necessarily work here, so I went through every TMF principle applying it to my father's company, and it all checked out(writing this I even wonder if he didn't read TMF ).

What I want THIS YEAR

Obviously, I want money, location independence, etc...but what I really like is to help people(even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes). In early december, something dramatic happened and I was basically forced out of aschool(I am still studying though) and this made me realize it is time to act. Thus, since I went back to my old school and it is pretty chill, I've given myself until May 27th(when classes end) to have at least 1 business up, something online that teaches me about how to validate an idea, cold call, etc(basically move my a$$), and a business plan(peharps even linked to the first business) to open something bigger that I can leverage better.

My difficulties at the moment

I've lived abroad in 3 different countries, so I've seen a lot of things that could be used to solve needs here, however, I am having difficulties validating some of these ideas. I am also having a financial problem, I don't want to be asking my family for money for something that perhaps might fail(I hate asking for money), so I am searching for other ways to make money(luckily, this problem is easily fixed).

My current project

Right now, I am planning on bringing a special kind of tea from Europe to Brazil. I've already assessed the competition and there are basically 3 vendors. 2 are very mediocre, barely explain about the tea(dangers, method of preparation, effects, dosage...yeah very complex tea), have somewhat high prices, and it is not their main product. The 3rd one is a bit better because it is not imported but grown here by themselves, and the quality would be about the same as the one I get in Europe, however they also lack explaination and it is not their main product.

My plan of action here is create a website with informations about this plants. All the things vendors don't do(which is dangerous, from the testmonials people are puking and whatnot), I will do it. And then, later on I would start offering my product.

The problem is that I don't know how to validate this idea. This tea is not that well known here(although in America and Europe it is).

So that is a bit about me, thank you for reading and I am open to any feedback about my premise, plan, business plan and current project.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Threenuc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 3, 2014
Poland
You could validate your tea idea by doing Adwords Keyword Search for terms related to the tea. If alot of people are searching for it, there's demand.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome to the forum. Glad you're thinking about business and not about drugs at this age (not that there's anything wrong with people who do drugs..). I'm also in the tea business, I have exclusive rights to a premium tea line which has killer packaging that no other competitors product comes close. The teas come from well-established estates in Sri Lanka. What I did to validate the product (premium tea) was that I ran some facebook ads, google ads, number of searchers on amazon, made an instagram page, and basically did everything online.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...