The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The single biggest reason why startups succeed

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
What does it mean for a start-up to succeed? Well, for one it has to be in an environment that will be ready for it. Which sounds a lot like having the right timing.

Using the same logic, another big reason why a startup succeeds is if it makes the founders rich.

So basically what I'm saying is, if a startup succeeds, by definition, the timing will be right.

I also think it's pretty obvious why most startups / businesses fail; creating one that succeeds is hard but anyone can try and then there's an entire market for convincing people that they can buy there way to success.

Last edited:

thomas.g

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 28, 2015
It's not actually about finding suckers who would invest or buy the startup. A sh*tty startup won't succeed.
Success depends on two things - on timing and on a brilliant idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Capturing the market with our idea and having a way to keep competiton from interfering with is a challenge. I feel the discipline and determination we the employees have ensures a startup succeeds. I kinda beleive that not to advertise the funding we receive :)

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Interested to know if anyone on the forum has taken part in a founders program or incubator program before, guess I should start a different thread.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Most of the incubator programs are free for a couple of informative sessions. Only once you leverage them to handle your business, they charge. Coaching, mentoring, meetings to accelarate market entry is a big challenge and hence you need to carefully choose a program that will help you refine and validate your ideas and help you engage with the current technology. I personally like the ones who have a microloan option.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I see, so programs like Y Incubator where they actually fund your startup ( seed capital) are rare?
Im not fully knowledgeable about their program.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I see, so programs like Y Incubator where they actually fund your startup ( seed capital) are rare?
Im not fully knowledgeable about their program.
No they are not but, generally this forum has a lot of independant entrepreneurs focused on a different type of startup IMO.

I've been through an incubator and most city's have a couple that don't ask for anything like the guy said before you. They give you a lump sum and ask for a low amount of equity (3-10% max) generally speaking which includes mentorship. Their ultimate goal isn't even the low equity, their ultimate goal is to get you through their program and on to bigger funding for the biggest chance of success.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I've applied for several accelerators including Techstarts here in Colorado. We are in an incubator with SoftLayer fr our back end. Takes a little networking to get in and we were given a free back end for a year for the most part. Without that we wouldn't have been able to develop our product, and make it to release or through the trials we have.

Accelerators typically take a part of the companies equity in return for funding, networking, and mentoring. We've since decided to go the organic growth rate with the sales we have happening currently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.