The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The season of social development

Marketing, social media, advertising

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
I was reading a article on twitter narcissism,
and one of the comments caught my eye. It provoked some thought i me and I thought it may be of interest to people here....
I'm not a marketing expert (or anywhere near) but I really liked how this was phrased.

from;
Is Twitter Turning Us Into Narcissists? - AllTwitter

As Sara says, this is just like real life. And as a marketer who specializes in reaching 50+ consumers, it's not surprising at all that younger people would appear more narcissistic than matures.

The late David Wolfe wrote about this in his terrific book, AGELESS MARKETING. When we are in our 20s and 30s, we are in a season of social development. It's all about figuring out what kind of person we'll be and then seeking out ways to promote/define that person - whether through work or social networks. Twitter is one more way to promote our vision of ourselves.
Wolfe notes that young people buy items because they are proof of accomplishment; the products you wear, eat, drive say something about how you want to be perceived. It's easy to extend that insight to what young people tweet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.