My perception is that proprietary market offerings are the only ones worth pursuing, even though they are arguably exponentially harder to prove concept. Conventional business offerings probably offer favorable profit rewards. Some of these: mechanic shop, boat dealer, specialized merchandise, etc are categorized as "conventional." I cannot grow passionate about these types of business because, largely they do not offer a meaningfully proprietary element to their business. Are there others like me, whom are infectiously enthused by notions of proprietary offerings, and find that the alternative, although profitable- is quite boring?
Please share your thoughts, because I acknowledge that this type of thinking is probably conceived as not ideal. I want to open and train my mind to perceive the alternative business ventures (not heavily proprietary) as equally attractive to pursue. I guess my priorities just need shifting, maybe I am seeking recognition for disrupting an industry, rather than just filling my pockets full of cash.
Best,
Please share your thoughts, because I acknowledge that this type of thinking is probably conceived as not ideal. I want to open and train my mind to perceive the alternative business ventures (not heavily proprietary) as equally attractive to pursue. I guess my priorities just need shifting, maybe I am seeking recognition for disrupting an industry, rather than just filling my pockets full of cash.
Best,
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
