The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The number one scarcity growing up as a child....

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
There is never enough time to PLAY!

Part 1

And this is why I've chosen entrepreneurship as my career path.

As a kid, I remember the days were I had ZERO responsibilities, ZERO stress and infinite amount of time. Every day was a play day. I was constantly learning from new experiences, exploring, discovering new abilities, making friends and most of all, having fun. Nothing was going to stop this train from moving.

Until......

My play time was gone. School took up a significant amount of time from the day (7:30AM - 3:40PM) Every time I wanted to go play outside and play with some friends, I was denied. I had to sit my a$$ down and do homework which took up the rest of the day. I had to study for upcoming test which left me with 0 play time. If I did bad on a test, I was punished by my parents(Asian household). If I got bad grades from my classes I was haunted by the permanent letter grades that would decide my future.

I'm sure most of you faced this same dilemma and began to realize a brain rewiring process.

Thriving ---> Coping

Free ---> inhibited

Vitality---> Depression

Action----> Failure

What I am trying to get across is we as humans literally forgot how to play. We forgot who our true selves really are. Most adults don't play. When asked to play, they rather relax because chances are they are tired from work. Could it be they are coping and not thriving? After reading about lot of successful business owners, I see something inside of them that I don't see in regular people, and that is abundance. When business owners are on their break time, they play. They PLAY HARD......

(If you can make entrepreneurship fun, and you love what your doing, you've already succeeded in step one)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
It's a good point, and it goes along with what I think is a related misconception. I think that people don't generally realize that there's a difference between play, which is an active endeavor, and entertainment, which is typically passive.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
It's a good point, and it goes along with what I think is a related misconception. I think that people don't generally realize that there's a difference between play, which is an active endeavor, and entertainment, which is typically passive.

exactly on point. I think if you can make your "battleground" a playing field instead of a war, then you're already one step ahead of the game. The reason why I emphasize "playing" as an integral part of being, is because many people are no longer themselves. Everyone is like a cog in the machine. They are just doing their job just to get by (coping), instead of living out each moment and enjoying the process (thriving).

I grew up thinking the social narrative aka group think was the only way to live. My joy of living was illusive and I fell into depression. I've lost everything including all my friends, my education, my soul, and my drive.

If you find yourself at the very bottom, I suggest you go play. When I mean go play, do whatever that boost your emotional state into positivity. Once you reach that point, your actions will follow and you will start to gain momentum.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Part 2

My Timeline of business related endeavors

Kid
-Started Hustling in elementary school
-Sold pens my dad brought home from work for $1 each to classmates
-Sold Pokémon Cards, Yu-gi-oh cards
-School lunches

Teenager
-Start an underground business selling video games (very lucrative at the time)
-Join several MLM
-Start affiliate marketing
-Started flipping Air Jordans
-Joined Penny click sites
-Surveys

Young Adult (Now)
-Amazon Turk
-Flipping products
-Amazon selling
-Craigslist
-App development
-Forex (demo)

So these are a couple of things related to business that I've done in the past. Most of them weren't even consider work as I found it to be fun. Nothing really has taken off, but I do feel a sense of joy every time I make some kind of money on the internet even if it's a penny.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...