The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The millionaire fastlane audio book

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hey MJ,

I've read your book twice and would like to read it again to concrete most of it. I am more of an audio person and find it easier to use my Iphone/Ipod when I'm out and about or riding my scooter.

I was wondering if you have an audio book?

Much appreciated
CHEERS :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I second that request - but it's a big job. I was thinking of reading it out myself for my own purposes and recording that but your voice would be much better. I'd offer to do it myself for you but my Aussie accent might disturb the concentration. I read "The Magic of Thinking BIG" and then bought the audio book but that was recorded by two other people. It still worked though. They were great voice actors and put a lot of feeling into it. Audio book certainly helps when you're driving long distances.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
MJ, I am a big audiobook consumer/purchaser, and I would say the biggest thing is always who reads it. Some people are good, and some who are professionals sound like they are performing some Shakespearean soliloquy. What I find is most effective is when the actual author reads the book. It brings the real authenticity to the work, and to me, sounds way.. better.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
MJ, if you do an audio book, I think that you should have this guy do the reading. He has a masters in communication, so I'll think he'll really help to get the point of the Fastlane across to your listeners. ;)

GOP candidate Phil Davidson, Stark County Treasurer Speech - YouTube
I know Robert Kiyosaki hired someone to do the majority of his audio. The problem is it didn't feel like Robert's audio and made me become less interested in listening to those audios :(. However, if you have the money then its only normal to hire someone.

MJ, I am a big audiobook consumer/purchaser, and I would say the biggest thing is always who reads it. Some people are good, and some who are professionals sound like they are performing some Shakespearean soliloquy. What I find is most effective is when the actual author reads the book. It brings the real authenticity to the work, and to me, sounds way.. better.
Yes, I concur, and really like the authenticity of the author's work too. For instance; like buying a budget/fake coca cola drink but its not the same taste as the original coca cola ;)

kopac

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I'd love an audio version of MF!!! C'mon MJ, you preach it in your book to use audiobooks...give the people what they want!

Mike A.B.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Amsterdam, Holland
IF there would ever be an audio book MJ should do the talking. It's his book, his idea's and his passion. A masters in communications is fine and all but I think it'd be best if it was mister fastlane himself. (Besides, if you listen to the book you should associate it with the right person, not just some marketing dude..)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
At the moment, outsourcing for the job would not be cost effective as the BE would be to high, however I am exploring the idea of doing it myself for the following reasons:

1) "I don't know how" -- this always excites me to learn how to do something new.
2) It gives me an excuse to buy audio equipment (microphone, popfilter, etc.)
3) I don't believe a professional reader can convey the passion of the book that I can. (I've submitted the content to some readers already and haven't heard back; the content tone can be a little on the rough side.)
4) If I write another book, I will give me the experience to replicate the process again, and quicker.
5) It follows Fastlane conventions to control the process of production, given that the quality doesn't suffer.

That said, it is a big undertaking which in itself, has me a bit excited to "just do it."

Stay tuned.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
A masters in communications is fine and all but I think it'd be best if it was mister fastlane himself. (Besides, if you listen to the book you should associate it with the right person, not just some marketing dude..)

LOL. I was being completely sarcastic (sorry, I'm a VERY sarcastic person). Phil Davidson is probably the worst speaker I've ever heard in my life. Though, he is also the most hilarious speaker ever because he is just that bad. Just click on the link and you'll find out why very quickly. Haha.

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Listen to MJ's interviews, like the one he did on mixergy. They are pretty much a condense version of the book on audio.
But yeah a audio version of the book would be fantastic aswell

Melissmo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 6, 2012
Trincity, Trinidad West Indies
At the moment, outsourcing for the job would not be cost effective as the BE would be to high, however I am exploring the idea of doing it myself for the following reasons:

1) "I don't know how" -- this always excites me to learn how to do something new.
3) I don't believe a professional reader can convey the passion of the book that I can. (I've submitted the content to some readers already and haven't heard back; the content tone can be a little on the rough side.)
4) If I write another book, I will give me the experience to replicate the process again, and quicker.
5) It follows Fastlane conventions to control the process of production, given that the quality doesn't suffer.

That said, it is a big undertaking which in itself, has me a bit excited to "just do it."

Stay tuned.

YES, I am totally looking forward/patiently awaiting this. Woo hoo, I am just as excited as you are!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The audiobook is now in production, hope to have it out in 30 days. (PS: Since Morgan Freeman wasn't available I will be reading it.)

It's also the reason why I'm not around here as much ... it's a lot of work! But enjoying the process!

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yeeessss . . . I will be picking up a copy right away. Love audio books and this book is in my small library of trusted and cherished resources, along with this forum.

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA

Stay tuned.

Do it! Always better to get it straight from the source. All points above point to YES!

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
P.S Not sure if you're already doing this MJ but yea it'll be awesome if you can cut the audio up according to the book chapters? Makes it easier to skip forward and back ;)

Thanks

squall74

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 14, 2012
Auburn, WA
The audiobook is now in production, hope to have it out in 30 days. (PS: Since Morgan Freeman wasn't available I will be reading it.)

It's also the reason why I'm not around here as much ... it's a lot of work! But enjoying the process!

Awesome. I just read the book and would like to have it on audio for when I work out. I've been loading up my phone with RE books so I can maximize my time.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looking to have the product out sometime in May. Just about finished reading .. damn FN long book. (Too long. :smxB:)

Mocha

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2012
6-8 weeks to go. I'm really looking forward to this.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I read it on robot voice with my old kindle once :D

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC

Do you podcast? Or do radio interviews? This could be a great way to promote your work. I love radio. Its one of the least appreciated. but most effective forms of media.

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
MJ,

I am curious how it's going with the audio book. Is the ETA still May?

I too want to solidify your message in my cranium while I am driving.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a fastlane idea for someone. Come up with an e reader that reads with a natural voice but can be read normally where you left off with the audio. Make it compatable with kindle books!

Id love to listen to books in the car and read the same book at night. :beer:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am curious how it's going with the audio book. Is the ETA still May?

I'm still shooting for May although the production process has taken much longer than anticipated. Worst case, early June.

nico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 17, 2011
Maybe you haven't decided yet, but what sort of format and distribution are you planning on using? Ie. mp3 files, audible.com, etc.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Maybe you haven't decided yet, but what sort of format and distribution are you planning on using? Ie. mp3 files, audible.com, etc.

MP3's on CDs. Looking to be out by late May. Over 12 hours of audio ... yikes.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012

nico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 17, 2011
hey MJ. just listened to the sample and it sounds great. have you considered offering downloadable MP3s along with the CDs?

A big "me too" on both accounts ;)

There are a ton of services like E-Junkie that make digital sales easy to set up. Many of them also offer automatic affiliate/reseller progams. Or you can do Audible.com to reach a larger audience, but I suspect their commission is much higher (and the format is DRM-encumbered.)

Not that it matters - I will buy it on CDs if I have to, even though international shipping is a pain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.