The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Entrepreneur

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Work out a few times a week at the rock climbing gym.

Grab lunch with a friend once a week.

Socialize at church.

Talk to my neighbors.

Host a meetup of local entrepreneurs at a bar once a month.

I tried a co-working place for a while, but didn't particularly like the people, the environment, or the cost at my local place.

Thanks for that; I find the lunch thing hard because my friends are either 9-5ers or too busy to meet.

I like the rock climbing gym idea; I go to my regular gym, but just tend to zone into my own exercise routine and don't really talk much, unless I have a sauna/steam.

Meetup is a good idea, and I'll look into that.

Totally hear you about the co-working place!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Rock climbing gym is better than regular gym, because there's a lot more socializing. Climb a route, then rest 10-15 minutes. Sometimes when I go, there's 20 people sitting around, and no one climbing.
Not to mention in most gyms people are there to be more anti-social and have their "me time". I know when I'm at the gym the world needs to shut off, but I'm quite a big introvert too.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
I'm on facebook and am kind of war-ing with myself on whether or not to get rid of it altogether. It's difficult when you want to keep in touch with family and stuff but I guess even doing that through facebook is so one dimensional and impersonal as well. Not only that but when you have a fastlane mindset and lifestyle it just doesn't jive with the majority and is probably more of a huge distraction than anything. I really need to get my photo's off of there too.

The fact is, when I'm feeling strong, positive and happy I spend about 10 minutes every few days on the social side of FB, usually I'll post an inspirational message or two, because friends have told me that they find them inspiring and a couple of my recovering addict friends have said that I've literally "saved their lives with my posts", which is incredibly humbling and makes me want to do it more.

I guess we all have days like I had today, when you just feel like connecting with people you know... I actually installed an add on for Chrome whereby it doesn't let me spend more than 10 mins a day on it. However then I joined various fastlane type business groups where I post questions and garner advice, so I started using Firefox to log on.

Basically it should be used as a kind of live diary and a way of keeping in touch with friends and family in other cities and countries.

I feel better now, and have had lots of good advice, I'm glad I posted this, I definitely won't be wasting any more time on it for the foreseeable future.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
So delete your facebook, then make a new one, and only friend the 4 or 5 people in your family you care about.

I did that a few years ago, and it was a very healthy change for me. I don't even check the family one anymore, as we do a weekly video hangout now.
Great idea!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
You'll find yourself typing "fac" into your browser absent mindedly for a couple of weeks. Some small withdrawl-like symptoms. After two weeks, you'll forget you ever had a facebook.

Kinda like smoking :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.