The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The gap between Living and Living the Dream

calv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 25, 2019
Italy
Hi everyone, this is my first post!
This is Sergio from Italy, 31 years old, working as a registered nurse.
I have been involved in music since i was a child and still composing/producing as a hobby.
This is what i would do all the day if I could choose not to work anymore.
I would live the beach life, the place I was born (in southern Italy) and spending all day in writing and feeling the power of music.
What's my real life?
I work as a RN in Milan.
I grew up in a very closed mind environment, and discovered the full potential of the world when i was 24.
At the age of 24 i moved to the UK and lived there for 2 years between Brighton and London.
I studied as a nurse before moving abroad and the reason is because my parents both are nurses and because I had no idea what to do when i was 18 years old.
Of course i would have like to work as a musician, but growing up in a "world" where they teach you to be a script didn't let me see the things in the right perspective.
Now I am big and curious enough to saw how and where is the world. The world they don't teach at school.
I love creativity, i love passionate work and I have a passion for personal growth contents.
I want to get out of my scripted life and start my first business, with no background.
I am reading lots of books but at the same time don't know where to start.
Of course have a lots of ideas but don't really know how to make first steps to make it real.
I've read FASTLANE and bought but haven't started UNSCRIPTED .
First thing it came in my mind was to start opening a store in franchising so that could see what it means starting and business and be covered by someone who knows how it works, and gain some experience.
We're talking about 140.000€ to invest
in something geo-localized, something which is not the best business to start, to justify my willing to learn to work as an entrepreneur.
So maybe is not a great idea.
The risk-gain ratio is not the most productive.
Of course I've made my calculations and my market research, which give me good reason for this not to be a failure.
At the same time the scared part of me thinks this could be the only chance to start now.
The other part of me thinks it's not true.
I am only scared because don't know how to make the process on my own.
What do you thing about my first step to do into the enterprise world guys?
1. The franchising idea, as read in FASTLANE is not a great idea, but at the same time MJ in his first book talks about the FASTLANE HITCH-HIKING at the beginning of a process.​
In my case is a bad idea?
2. What do you suggest to do to move my first steps into the enterprise world?​

P.S. sorry for my english writing mistakes, and thank you for the great value given in this forum! Sergio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

calv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 25, 2019
Italy
Welcome.

Did you ever come across a need in the job that you were in?
Of course I do.
I have in mind something about my actual job, the thing is I don't know how to start.
I mean I could sit down and study a plan to make efficient lots of organizing stuff which doesnt' work. At the same time how can I propose an organizing method if the hospital as a department and the ward boss which are not able to make these things working. How can I propose something that will fix multiple problems to the departments who should fix these things? How can i sell the plan to restructure everything to them?

Flying dutchman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 10, 2020
Amersfoort, NL
Of course I do.
I have in mind something about my actual job, the thing is I don't know how to start.
I mean I could sit down and study a plan to make efficient lots of organizing stuff which doesnt' work. At the same time how can I propose an organizing method if the hospital as a department and the ward boss which are not able to make these things working. How can I propose something that will fix multiple problems to the departments who should fix these things? How can i sell the plan to restructure everything to them?
IMHO you are asking the right question. The answer should be a product you develop and then control, to solve the problems you encounter. If you can build that in whatever form (an application or some other type of service), you can sell this not only to your current employer, but to all hospitals and other companies encountering the same challenges. You could even start building your product and involve the managers and bosses in the process to make it even better. That way your first sell will be that much easier. As long as you stay in control. If this were a pitch I'd say: any need is a seed. Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard and I don't think you should start out by franchising. That's a pretty large investment and I'm dubious about the support the franchiser would provide. You're far better off taking a much smaller risk (i.e. starting something with a very small initial investment) and learning on your own.

Your odds of success on the first try are low either way, but the franchise option has you out 140,000 euro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...