The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The feeling of liberation

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
Greetings everyone,

My introduction into this community started with reading Unscripted . The book resonated with me on a different level than others have in the past. Very insightful and authentic. I'm currently waiting on TMF to arrive and I cannot wait to dive into it.

My life has greatly changed in the past months like so many other people. I've been with the same privately held restaurant group for almost 10 years now. I worked my way up to director of ops, opening and overseeing 7 locations with an 8th on the way; 5 different concepts. However, this pandemic completely turned everything upside down. Business wasn't good, it was great but due to the owner's mismanagement of money the company literally has 0 to fall back on, with or without the SBA loans. (We actually applied for the PPP and disaster loans, didn't get it on the first round, now waiting on the second round.) Unfortunately, his plan for that money is to support his personal finances and waive the forgiveness... the 8 cars, 2 houses, $50-60k in monthly credit card charges all need attention. Our accountant and I were also expected to manage his personal life finances as well so we know the numbers.

This is all a blessing in disguise. For the past year I've been putting things in place to depart and open a restaurant. The only issue that I foresee now is that for the next 1-2 years or more I don't believe restaurants are going to be sitting in a beneficial position. In my opinion, this pandemic will have long lasting effects that make restaurants even less glamorous than before. I'm taking myself back to the drawing board which is a step backward but still very exciting.

I've alleviated most of my financial obligations. I have a big enough nest egg to live for multiple years without income if necessary. I'm ready for the next step, and to keep grinding hard but for myself now, not for someone else's lifestyle. It's a very liberating feeling and I wake up each morning in a better mood and with a smile which hasn't happened in a long time. I'm hoping to take away key advice and information from everyone here and be able to offer value as well.

Thank you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Greetings to you too & I see you're active on the forum, good for you!
As an aside, when reading introductions I've noticed there seems to be a correlation between the poster's profession & the words they use.
You're in restaurants:
I'm hoping to take away key advice and information from everyone here and be able to offer value as well.
Maybe it's just me LOL

See you around the forum

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.