The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The ceiling is real, even with 'mini leverage' – slowlane is almost always slow

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Hey,

I recently posted a thread because I did well with my business last month. Even if I worked for years doing this same technique I'm doing now I would not see any bit of major exponential growth like the way one would with e-commerce or another Fastlane business overtime. My business is really dependent on my time, which is not good. Nevertheless I did learn a ton of lessons last month. Below are some things I learned in no particular order.
  • No matter how many clients I have, I cannot leverage my time enough to get have a exponential increase in income– a ceiling exists. (with my specific business)
    • Even with a few employees or sales people the ceiling is very apparent.
  • Selling time for money should be a last option.
  • I really need to begin building assets that will grow by themselves overtime
    • e-commerce, subscription based, or product focused business is far better to leverage time.
    • Any business / blog / community I build will grow and I will always have control.
  • Maintain current income before moving fulling towards a new thing... IE: I need to pitch more and take more shots (diversify where I get current clients)
  • Give my self hourly windows (more stuff gets done)
    • I've found if I have all day to do something it might take me an hour or two. If I give myself an hour I can get that same thing done in 20 minutes.
Moving forward– As I move forward I am going to do a bit of product research and also market research to decide what type of Fastlane business I want to pursue. Nevertheless their are still lots of daily actions I can use to push my current personal brand and income forward.

The question I want to answer moving forward, which I answer in my daily actions is: if I have free time what are the things I can do that will for sure be good for my growing my brand?

Daily actions:
  1. Answer questions on forums related to niche to build backlinks and credibility in niche
  2. Pitch on client channel 1
  3. Pitch on client channel 2
  4. Begin building an email list through my website (email list will be an asset for later when I launch something)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hey,

I recently posted a thread because I did well with my business last month. Even if I worked for years doing this same technique I'm doing now I would not see any bit of major exponential growth like the way one would with e-commerce or another Fastlane business overtime. My business is really dependent on my time, which is not good. Nevertheless I did learn a ton of lessons last month. Below are some things I learned in no particular order.
  • No matter how many clients I have, I cannot leverage my time enough to get have a exponential increase in income– a ceiling exists. (with my specific business)
    • Even with a few employees or sales people the ceiling is very apparent.
  • Selling time for money should be a last option.
  • I really need to begin building assets that will grow by themselves overtime
    • e-commerce, subscription based, or product focused business is far better to leverage time.
    • Any business / blog / community I build will grow and I will always have control.
  • Maintain current income before moving fulling towards a new thing... IE: I need to pitch more and take more shots (diversify where I get current clients)
  • Give my self hourly windows (more stuff gets done)
    • I've found if I have all day to do something it might take me an hour or two. If I give myself an hour I can get that same thing done in 20 minutes.
Moving forward– As I move forward I am going to do a bit of product research and also market research to decide what type of Fastlane business I want to pursue. Nevertheless their are still lots of daily actions I can use to push my current personal brand and income forward.

The question I want to answer moving forward, which I answer in my daily actions is: if I have free time what are the things I can do that will for sure be good for my growing my brand?

Daily actions:
  1. Answer questions on forums related to niche to build backlinks and credibility in niche
  2. Pitch on client channel 1
  3. Pitch on client channel 2
  4. Begin building an email list through my website (email list will be an asset for later when I launch something)
what is your slowlane business? maybe we could brainstorm ideas for turning it into a fastlane one...

I was doing freelance programming a year ago. Now, I have a number of contractors overseas, and two sales reps that are helping me sell our services.

wondering if you could do something similar?

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
what is your slowlane business? maybe we could brainstorm ideas for turning it into a fastlane one...

I was doing freelance programming a year ago. Now, I have a number of contractors overseas, and two sales reps that are helping me sell our services.

wondering if you could do something similar?

Thanks for the reply.

I know what I need to do to get this business earning more, but it's just a big leap. It's a lot more hustling.
The ceiling I can see would be about $20K per month, but that would still be pretty good.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
My dad has a business, but he has to work in it. It's too bad I have too many slowlaners in my life.
screw the slowlane. Try outsource. I remember reading Tim Ferris getting a clerk from India to handle paperwork.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.