The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Automation of Art

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Exciting growth in technology. Looks like nothing is free from automation now. I think its a good thing though.

https://phys.org/news/2017-05-self-learning-neuromorphic-chip-music.html

It'd be interesting to see how it's composed music changes over time. Would it continue to become more and more progressive, bending more and more rules until there aren't any? That's what human classical composition has done, and it's absolute shit to listen to these days.

There's a reason that the concerts symphonies sell out, are the ones with pieces written 100-200 years ago... because most compositions written in the last 50 years make me want to rip out my ear drums, or barf in my mouth.

Maybe the computer will have a way to sense it's effect on people and how much it is enjoyed. In which case, the music it composes would become more and more enjoyable.

I could see one day film scores that are composed automatically when provided with a storyboard.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
I'm pro automation and believe there's a ton of value being created via AI technology.

However, I don't feel that art (expression of the human spirit), can be encapsulated in a series of 0s and 1s...

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
I'm pro automation and believe there's a ton of value being created via AI technology.

However, I don't feel that art (expression of the human spirit), can be encapsulated in a series of 0s and 1s...

It raises a lot of questions about what it means to be human. "Who am I?", "Do androids dream of electric sheep?", etc.

I dunno, maybe you are right. Some philosophers might argue that reality is encapsulated in 0's and 1's (The theory that everything is made up of yin and yang or positive and negative polarities).

There is something related I read about a while back about an AI that can create new paintings that are like Rembrandt's.

Computer Paints a 'New Rembrandt' - Techie News

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.