The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 30-Day "Bigger Than You" Challenge

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
I'm in! Although I don't have a real business, I've been freelancing and want to start "Killing Bigger".

I feel I have a developed a good relationship with a client who's launching a cool new product. Should I use this challenge to start talking to big players in the industry on his behalf? I feel I could bring him a lot of value if I connect him with the right person, versus just introducing myself.

Pero123

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 31, 2020
Croatia
I'm joining in next week. Any recommendations on what type of person to contact for accounting business?
Love the thread

PowerJen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 13, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Screw it, I'm with you.

I've been using automated sales tools (LinkedIn) for six months. Hired an outsourced team to do it for me. Got connected with over 2000 people, ended up scheduling a few dozen phone calls out of it. I got some clients out of it and got in touch with some cool people doing cool things, but overall? It sucked. It pissed people off. It didn't help my reputation. And now that LinkedIn changed its policy, it's no longer possible to do things like that anymore.

I know my business is bigger than some no-name marketing services provider spamming people on LinkedIn but I haven't acted like it, and my bank account shows it.

After contacting almost 20,000 people and connecting with ~2000 people, the number of quality relationships I started that turned into bigger deals/partnerships was 3. f*cking 3. In six f*cking months! Sure, I got more clients than that, but only 3 meaningful relationships that turned into bigger deals? I think I can do better than that by not using some braindead cold outreach tactic and actually spending 30-60 minutes a day researching a single person who could take my business to the next level, rather than sending out thousands of messages just for "leads".

I'm still going to do outbound sales, but I think I can spare some time looking for real strategic partners that result in big value creation, rather than me just getting another $1k a month or whatever having to prove why we're better than the 100,000 other businesses doing the same thing.

This sucked to write lol, thanks KAK
You really learnt something valuable here. I think a book called Purple Cow Marketing may help you. Also joining a local mastermind (I'm in a sales mastermind) and looking for awesome connectors among your LI base. Connectors actively help others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.