The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tell Me I'm Wrong - Crypto Simplicity

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
Full send LMFAOO

If you pull all the money out of your house and dump it in crypto you have balls of steel and I applaud you.

I say do it. It’s no business but it’s balls deep and I love risk.
hahaha....I hear you......But honestly, I've studied crypto for a few years pretty intensely and I've invested in stocks for about 20 years. I don't even feel ETH and BTC are that risky going forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
To be honest, while I think btc is a good overall investment, the 30000% gains happened already.

You can still make money though

LRA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 17, 2020
I agree with most of the people here that this is not a business or any kind of business plan.

But if you consider making this investment you should do a research about blockchain technology and about investing in general.
If I was you I wouldn't think about throwing 100% of your intended investment all at the same time, and instead make a habit of dollar cost averaging your investment once in a month through the bear market and not the current bull market.
Wait for all the hype around it to disappear again and in the meanwhile do your own research.
It may take a while but at that time you'll be far more knowledgeable.
In my opinion there's a lot of potential for growth and value to be created in the blockchain and crypto industry in the following years, as people will adapt it.
Good luck

evergreen_scene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Dec 5, 2016
review the risk. only risk what you can afford to lose and see if you are right.

scenarios:
1. you are right and make [200% - the interest payments and fees] .... what is the EV?
2. you are semi right and make [10% - the interest payments and fees] ..... what is the EV?
3. you are semi wrong and lose [10% + the interest payments and fees] .....what is the EV?
4. you are wrong and lose [100% + the interest payments and fees + your house] ..... what is the EV?

is the sum of 1,2,3,4 positive?

(what if there is an equal chance of each for your first pass? so use 25% for probability for the first guess)
put the numbers here in a reply (massage the % returns and probability to what you are thinking too)
If he is right, he is making far more than 200%. BTC likes to do multiples of 3 - 5x during its bull phases. See the run from $20k to $60k recently; or the run from 3k to 15k in 2019 unexpectedly. Or the [upcoming] run from 30k to $120k (I joke)..

As others have mentioned, smart money invests in things that have asymmetry. I disagree with OP in that he should take a loan to invest in a speculative asset such as crypto, only invest with money you can afford to lose. But in the past its only paid off over the course of longer time frames (1.5 years+). There is plenty of reading material out there showing historic BTC returns for hodlers of 1+ years, and the fact that >75% of people are trying to steer OP from considering crypto as an investment AT ALL shows just how new this asset class is. Big money is accumulating, they will continue to accumulate as VC money literally POURS into the space behind the scenes.

Crypto is the best asymmetric bet of this generation, comparable to the dot com boom. IMO, the Amazon of crypto is ETH not BTC. But only time will tell who is the greater fool...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If he is right, he is making far more than 200%. BTC likes to do multiples of 3 - 5x during its bull phases. See the run from $20k to $60k recently; or the run from 3k to 15k in 2019 unexpectedly. Or the [upcoming] run from 30k to $120k (I joke)..

As others have mentioned, smart money invests in things that have asymmetry. I disagree with OP in that he should take a loan to invest in a speculative asset such as crypto, only invest with money you can afford to lose. But in the past its only paid off over the course of longer time frames (1.5 years+). There is plenty of reading material out there showing historic BTC returns for hodlers of 1+ years, and the fact that >75% of people are trying to steer OP from considering crypto as an investment AT ALL shows just how new this asset class is. Big money is accumulating, they will continue to accumulate as VC money literally POURS into the space behind the scenes.

Crypto is the best asymmetric bet of this generation, comparable to the dot com boom. IMO, the Amazon of crypto is ETH not BTC. But only time will tell who is the greater fool...
It takes time to achieve higher price discovery because a lot of money which are trapped will be getting out using relief rallies. Only invest if you can be patient.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.