The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Taxes - Strategies or Techniques to Lower My Tax Bill?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hello
Just wanted to see what are your guys techniques or strategies that you use to lower down your tax bill at the end of the year ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kak

Broadcasting the Virtue of Mutual Exchange
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Amerizuela
When we finalized our taxes and wrote "the" check... It was hard not to have a ton of the fun sucked out of what we do. That's a problem... A problem we are fortunate enough to be able to solve.

The wife and I are both in agreement that in January we will be traveling to Puerto Rico with the intention of feeling out an eventual move there.

Move of companies. Everything.

In the interim... We have a good CPA, keep good records, and stay on the up and up.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
plan for it at the beginning of the year ...... get your books reviewed and keep them updated .....

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Because you're in Arizona, it might pay to take residency in Nevada and live in AZ part time. (Assuming you are making a lot of taxable money.)

When I was rolling in huge tax bills, I could have bought a condo in Las Vegas and have had the tax savings buy it (NV State Tax = 0%)-- essentially, getting a condo for free. I went as far as putting a few offers on some places, but then I ended up selling my business and it was no longer necessary.

I think there are some folks here (won't name 'em) who are doing this do avoid California state tax -- they live in CA part time, Nevada is residence.

Hello
Just wanted to see what are your guys techniques or strategies that you use to lower down your tax bill at the end of the year ?

FYI -- I renamed your thread title "Taxes" is unlikely to grab many eyeballs.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
As @ZCP said, plan for it at the beginning of the year. The best strategies to lower your tax burden require exactly that, solid planning and execution a year ahead of time. Just so far this year I've saved more in taxes than my take home was last year by doing exactly that.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hire a great CPA and never let the "tax tale wag the financial dog".

As a German I don’t get the meaning. Can you explain for dummies? Please

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.