The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Take Ownership of Your Communication

Anything related to matters of the mind

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The dictionary defines communication as: “the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.

I don’t like this definition, because it’s not going to help you to become a better communicator.

You see, the single greatest roadblock on the road to wealth, imo, is being a poor communicator.

And the biggest reason for being a poor communicator is this mistaken belief:
“The meaning of communication is what I intend to communicate”

I prefer Richard Bandler’s definition of communication: “The meaning of communication lies in the response it gets

In other words, if you’re not getting the response you want, it’s on YOU to change what you’re doing, rather than blame the other person for being too dumb to understand you.

Money is nothing but social credit. The more money you have, the more rights you have over what society produces.

So in a sense, it’s not far off to say that if the whole world agreed you’re a billionaire, you would be a billionaire. No work required.

So if all the money you want belongs to other people, the only way to get it is to convince them to give it to you… which ultimately means nothing but communication.

One of the first things you’ll learn once you start adopting Bandler’s definition is that communication isn’t a one-size fits all affair. You have to adapt how you communicate based on the person you’re communicating with.

People have very different brain types — which means they perceive and experience the world differently.

If you lock yourself into your way of perceiving the world, and call it the “right” way, the “correct” way, then you won’t be able to build rapport with people who experience the world differently.

Some people are more “in their head”. Other people are more visual. Others rely on their experiences. And yet others rely mostly on what they hear.

Discovering how someone’s brain works gives you the superpower of being able to speak their language, which makes it very easy to communicate, get people to open up and influence.

The problem is that most people never do this, because they function off the communication = intention paradigm, which leads to blaming the other person for not understanding.

It can all change for you, with one decision: the decision that today you’ll take ownership of your communication, and blame all the unwanted responses you get from your communication on YOU.

Do it. It will change your life if you give it time, just as it has changed mine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I prefer Richard Bandler’s definition of communication: “The meaning of communication lies in the response it gets

In other words, if you’re not getting the response you want, it’s on YOU to change what you’re doing, rather than blame the other person for being too dumb to understand you.

Love this. It applies to more than communication.

You are were you are today because of decisions YOU made. Your future is the outcome based on decisions YOU make now.

- poor physical shape? That’s on you.
- poor financial shape? Same. It’s on you.
- bad relationship? You guessed it, it’s on you.

Once we take responsibility for our lives, it changes how we must behave.

Total sidetrack, but whatever happened to Bandler? After the NLP didn’t he have some serious legal problems (criminal case)? Haven’t heard his name in over a decade!!!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I adore this statement; it not only applies to talking but body language too - being open, engaged & standing upright has influenced a lot of interactions.

I'm not sure if it's just the UK, but the mentality of "If someone judges me for something I do, they're not worth my time" limits many. You're asking the world to bend to you when, in reality, you're far more flexible.

You are were you are today because of decisions YOU made. Your future is the outcome based on decisions YOU make now.

- poor physical shape? That’s on you.
- poor financial shape? Same. It’s on you.
- bad relationship? You guessed it, it’s on you.

Once we take responsibility for our lives, it changes how we must behave.
I always remember what @heavy_industry says: "You deserve the consequences of your actions". Whether those consequences are negative or positive, it is entirely your fault. Your responsibility.

I listened to this tremendous free audiobook; responsibility for everything is crucial. Once I started doing it, I started being honest with myself and not outsourcing my failures to others.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
The dictionary defines communication as: “the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.

I don’t like this definition, because it’s not going to help you to become a better communicator.

You see, the single greatest roadblock on the road to wealth, imo, is being a poor communicator.

And the biggest reason for being a poor communicator is this mistaken belief:
“The meaning of communication is what I intend to communicate”

Money is nothing but social credit. The more money you have, the more rights you have over what society produces.

So in a sense, it’s not far off to say that if the whole world agreed you’re a billionaire, you would be a billionaire. No work required.

So if all the money you want belongs to other people, the only way to get it is to convince them to give it to you… which ultimately means nothing but communication.

One of the first things you’ll learn once you start adopting Bandler’s definition is that communication isn’t a one-size fits all affair. You have to adapt how you communicate based on the person you’re communicating with.

People have very different brain types — which means they perceive and experience the world differently.

If you lock yourself into your way of perceiving the world, and call it the “right” way, the “correct” way, then you won’t be able to build rapport with people who experience the world differently.

Some people are more “in their head”. Other people are more visual. Others rely on their experiences. And yet others rely mostly on what they hear.

Discovering how someone’s brain works gives you the superpower of being able to speak their language, which makes it very easy to communicate, get people to open up and influence.

The problem is that most people never do this, because they function off the communication = intention paradigm, which leads to blaming the other person for not understanding.

It can all change for you, with one decision: the decision that today you’ll take ownership of your communication, and blame all the unwanted responses you get from your communication on YOU.

Do it. It will change your life if you give it time, just as it has changed mine.
It applies to everything.

You should change the title to “Take Ownership of Your Life”

If your not getting the Body you want, It’s on YOU to change what your doing.

If your not getting the happiness you want, It’s on YOU to change what your doing.

If your not getting the choices and ownership you want, it’s ON YOU to change that.

Its not on him, her, them, it’s on YOU

He’s not the reason why your fat, is he the one stuffing your face with food?

Always remember, they’re not the ones you’re doing everything for, Your doing it for you.

That could be working out
That could be starting a business
That could be moving to a different city
That could be taking the blame on your actions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

This is going up on my wall, pure gold. For me not only applies to communication but so many other facets of business and life.

Thank you Dragon.

Boy Muhammad

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 10, 2022
Kebbi, Nigeria
@Black_Dragon43 thumbs up for the post, I know how to have a great conversation and get people to open up to me in a physical setting but online it seems hard, it's either they don't reply or it just gets boring.

In a physical setting I can see if you're bored, don't want to talk or having fun with the discussion, I use all of this as cues to guide the conversation, but online none of this available which makes it hard to communicate effectively.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.