The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Supermarkets

Kontis

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 15, 2007
NYC
Anyone own any? I know that national supermarkets - King Kullen, Super Stop & Shop, Pathmark, etc. make great tenants from a landlords point of view but I have met many groups of investors who have a chain of supermarkets - most specialize in supplying a specific type. One group has 5 markets who cater to the Asian population, they are so strong that they have a huge warehouse where they import their own goods.

I believe this is a solid investment if you specialize in a certain niche and gives your leverage against the Nationals. What are your thoughts - specialty? general? Do you know how they operate - get supplied if you don't bring the products over yourself?

These guys are liquid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Grocery stores have extremely low profit margins....I read that they are as low as 1-3%, so you'd need a high volume of consumers. :icon_super:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The trick is boddies through the door, that spend money. I know someone who owns a couple of supermarkets and does well. As said above its a super low profit business.

I don't know the number of people he wants through the door, but he wants them to spend an average of $25 each before they leave.

Both of his stores are regular supermarkets like Stop & Shop, but they are in more expensive areas where the average income is $80k, and $120k. As such people happily will pay slightly more to avoid the big chains.

As far as a tenant, sure I'd rent to one in a heart beat. If they are good they tend to stick around forever, and its in their best interest to keep the place up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.