The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Summer Time

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Well, fellow fastlaner's summer has come for some of us and that means vacations and better weather. I have finished my last final today and I am leaving for vacation this evening for three and a half weeks. Being on vacation doesn't mean that you should just forget everything. A little piece of advice, is that fastlane ideas are everywhere. Be observant of what bugs you and what makes other tourists unhappy. That little complaint can be turned into $$$$.
Peace everyone,
Lamboman.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Hey Johnny, Why not build some credibility? How about an intro and your plans for the Fastlane(That way you look less Spam Like)? Welcome to the Fastlane.:fastlane:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Amen, complaints are opportunities in disguise.

Then I'm full of opportunity :p

But yea, I took quite a few notes when I was in NYC last yr on vacation and definitely need to get back to "note-taking" and finding a good way to organize those ideas(as in the other threads about How Do You Manage Your To-Do List and Find That You Have a Lot of Ideas), but most importantly take action!!!!

Basically- be a problem solver for others and you will be successful :coolgleamA:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I wish I could take three weeks off a year. Ahh back in the good old days when summer vacation ment something. Partying, drinking, fishing and sailing, with some work thrown in for good measure. Ahh the good old days! Enjoy them they won't last long.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Well, I finally came back and with a head full of ideas and plans. What I have noticed is that I have become a totally different person since last year. I believe that this forum has a had a substantial positive influence on me. Being on this forum, reading and contributing ,changes your mindset for the better. I hope everyone is enjoying these beautiful months and uses them well. I am happy to be back , and I am ready to contribute and hopefully help others.

Lamboman

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome back Lamboman. I agree, hanging around here will affect you, much like an incurable illness. (From Andres at B&P):cheers:

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
Well, I finally came back and with a head full of ideas and plans. What I have noticed is that I have become a totally different person since last year. I believe that this forum has a had a substantial positive influence on me. Being on this forum, reading and contributing ,changes your mindset for the better. I hope everyone is enjoying these beautiful months and uses them well. I am happy to be back , and I am ready to contribute and hopefully help others.

Lamboman

May I ask what have you worked on towards your goals and exiting the ratrace? I was just wondering, since I watch many of the young members. I have a 16 year old son and have watched him work his business this summer. If I could just get him to post what he did, what he learned and what he earned this summer.

I look forward to hearing from you. No pressure if you don't want to reply. LOL

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
May I ask what have you worked on towards your goals and exiting the ratrace? I was just wondering, since I watch many of the young members. I have a 16 year old son and have watched him work his business this summer. If I could just get him to post what he did, what he learned and what he earned this summer.

I look forward to hearing from you. No pressure if you don't want to reply. LOL

Well, this summer has been my most productive summers ever. As a matter of fact, I finished building my prototype yesterday to the best of my ability. Throughout the summer I've been devouring books on inventions, patents, product development, and self development. I have run through dozens of ideas for potential products, researching them and eliminating them. In the middle of August though, a problem came to me and my idea literally evolved in my head in a matter of seconds. I spent the rest of my summer building different prototypes from different materials, some of them worked, some of them failed. Well, this one works flawless and I am ready to file a provisional patent. I am now in the process of finding a patent attorney and then launching my business, hopefully this fall. This whole process would not be possible if I didn't join this forum. Taking action and using your time wisely is a priceless lesson I learned here.

I am also beginning the college application process, which is just sucking all the energy out of me, but I am trying to get it out of the way as fast as possible, so I can get my business rolling.

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
Great to hear you are moving forward. When you are able to talk more specifically about your product, please update us.

Planning your work, working your plan. Awesome!

speed +++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.