A while aback I said something about your stuff owning you.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-discussion/46448-less-more.html#post281424
I was reminded of this again this week.
I had a difficult tenant that I had to evict. She left with a few things but a LOT of stuff was left in the one bedroom/one bath house. So we had to do a trash out. It took 45 minutes for 2 men to clean all the stuff out of the house and about 15 minutes to unload the trailer and toss it all in the dump. There was some stuff in all that trash that was important to someone at some time. Someone put lots of hours at work doing things they hated or tolerated to pay for all that stuff. It was all rendered to the trash heap in about one hour.
How long do we all toil and fret about all the stuff we own, and it can all be thrown away as refuse in a few hours? I am just as guilty about this as anyone.
Just some random late night thoughts.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-discussion/46448-less-more.html#post281424
I was reminded of this again this week.
I had a difficult tenant that I had to evict. She left with a few things but a LOT of stuff was left in the one bedroom/one bath house. So we had to do a trash out. It took 45 minutes for 2 men to clean all the stuff out of the house and about 15 minutes to unload the trailer and toss it all in the dump. There was some stuff in all that trash that was important to someone at some time. Someone put lots of hours at work doing things they hated or tolerated to pay for all that stuff. It was all rendered to the trash heap in about one hour.
How long do we all toil and fret about all the stuff we own, and it can all be thrown away as refuse in a few hours? I am just as guilty about this as anyone.
Just some random late night thoughts.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
