The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Straw Buyers

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
I read this article and thought it pretty interesting, considering how crazy the market place is now in the real estate world.

Charges filed by California real estate commissioner against Su Casa agents - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal:

I wonder how many other realtors & lenders are going to be arrested?

I'd like to know what you all think of this...Justified? or No??

Just wonderin'...

:coffee:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
I don't really get it. The article seems to be very vague and doesn't really get into details of how the process is done. Maybe it's just me and if it is, can someone explain?

It says,

"The straw buyers let their credit lines and names be used by others to get the loans for real estate, the complaint says."

I thought it was legal if you are part of the deal because you can offer your partner what your partner doesn't have, be it your remarkable credit score or your credit line? They then would give you a percentage of the deal because of your help?

Is this not similar to what the article is describing? What are they doing that makes it illegal?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.