The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting Process

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
This is for anyone who has ran a profitable website. What is the process that you guys go through before deciding to build a site and go with the idea? How do you determine if they are a need? How do you find niches? Not expecting tons of details on the process but for example, when did the idea hit you "hey, a site like this could really make some money"? After the idea does strike you, what are your next steps? I am looking to start an online business but not came up with an idea yet that makes me think it is one I want to pursue 100%. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Again, I would not go after what you think you can make money on. Find something you know about and have a passion for. The money will follow.

I shot an instructional video for a guy that raced motocross. It's what he knew about, and loved. He had fun doing it, he was pround of it and tried hard to sell it. Do you think he would put that much effort into a video about candlemaking and sewing quilts just because he though he could make a easy buck on it. Nope.

Think about what you have a passion for and know about. If you're after a quick dollar, you're probably going to fail.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Have you ever said to yourself, "I wish there was a website that did x, or offered y"?
Or, "I can't find what I'm looking for on here..." ?

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
This is an interesting topic, service website businesses are something I'd like to start too, no inventory like an ecommerce business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.