What's new

Spying on competitors and exporting business ideas

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Scipio

New Contributor
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 15%
I strongly believe that Innovation happens mainly in the US. If you live in an emerging market, innovations are pretty rare. I believe it´s more about adapting innovations and making small changes.

The problem: Most of the business model isn´t public, neither profits (if company isn´t public yet).

There is a lot of very specific information missing. For example: Let´s say You want to build a Spa and want to copy a successful SPA chain. They know which wood to use, which brands produce good inventory,... You need YEARS to figure it out, while burning money.

I built 4 companies so far, three of them failed, one had a great return. Not a Single time I didn´t think on a weekly basis "If I just could work there for 2 weeks my life would be so much easier...".

There are other people who do it, for example the Samwer brothers. Big names like Carlos Slim copied a lot in Mexico, but they could just buy in the talent from US companies.

=> Right now I´m looking for more efficient ways and want to hear Your thoughts!

So far I thought about...

A) Working in a company, but usually you sign a NDA and I would never break a contract (even if I open the business on another continent). The other thing is I´m already pretty proud and I´m an entrepreneur exactly for NOT working in somebody else company.

B) Hiring the talent by stalking people on LinkedIN and offer BIG money for coaching (not successful for me so far because people fear that I´m a direct competitor and they could loose their job)

C) Stalking and Spamming people on LinkedIn and beg for help (I feel weird doing it)

Which way would You go?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom