The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Someone Needs To Do This Instead of Copywriting

Idea threads

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I came across a very real opportunity for someone to make great money and grow a very tangible and real business. Thought I’d pop in and share since there’s ironically been a bit of a bigger thinking revival around here.

Home playground equipment.

For those of you who don’t know, nice backyard play sets can go for $2500 for some simple models up to $10k+ for the mega models.

It is interesting. They are incredibly well built (and should be) and also are outgrown by kids in just a couple of years. The thing is that once it is assembled and in your yard, it has basically depreciated 90+%. They are almost valueless to someone without the means to disassemble, pack it up, move it, and re-assemble it.

Here is the opportunity:

Step 1-

You can get your inventory of VERY nice looking playsets just by looking on FB marketplace and Craigslist. You can expect to pay anywhere from $0 (yes seriously zero) to $500 for NICE play sets as long as you can disassemble and transport. Most people just want them out of their yards. You can probably negotiate well.

Take great pictures before disassembly.

Step 2-

You organize and store the inventory in a RV or boat storage unit for minimal money.

Step 3-

You become a dealer of an ultra premium brand like Rainbow and set up a website in your area. Sell their stuff right out of the catalog with the lead time and all.

List the used sets alongside the ultra premium ones at an enormous markup with delivery and assembly. Thinking 10 or more times what you paid and have incredibly short lead times on these well kept or refurbished used sets. Refurbishing (replacing a few worn parts) won’t cost much.

Personally warranty them for life with like $60 deductible service calls so it’s risk free for them, and I guarantee you it’s not going to cost $60 to fix like ever. Require an annual $150-200 service call to keep the warranty. You’re selling peace of mind.

Step 4-

Build a great reputation and hire some people so you can own your business instead of your business owning you.

Step 5-

Buy these all back for 1/10 of what you sold them for in 5-6 years and do it all again.

Needs probably less than $3000 to get started if you have a vehicle capable of pulling a small trailer.

-Set of power tools.
-Flatbed utility trailer.
-Cheap storage unit
-SUV or pickup that can pull a light trailer.
-To not be a brain microwaved fool like feather guy

I truly believe you would have easily $1-2k margins minimum on every installation. It’s a business that you can own instead of it owning you.

Good luck to someone! Hope someone does well with it. In a big metropolis market it could make real money or be a wonderful launchpad to something else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I used to do this with guitars

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
You don’t do anything with anything.
thats very dismissive for someone who used to make 300-1000 a week reselling guitars on the local classifieds while in high school amigo

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Unsurprisingly… I like the concept quite a bit. As a parent, it can tell you - we overspend on our kids!

Bigger issue is that stuff we buy becomes useless clutter very soon.

This is a major inconvenience twice.

1st - new assembly: I don’t want to do it. But I’m now a bloody expert! My house is overflowing with toys (doll houses, food truck, ABC and number games etc). Problem is this: most are impossible to disassemble! Opportunity? Yes.

2nd - I gifted to friend who just had a boy more stuff than can fit into our two SUVs. Someone buying some of this off my hands would feel like free money!

I am not listing any of it on craigslist because it’s too much hassle. Too many weirdos. Waste of my time. So I keep gifting. Imagine someone organized a hassle free pick up? And even paid something? Wow.

Lastly, based on all that - if you get into this business, develop products that can be easily disassembled and repaired. Do that from scratch by design and grow a billion dollar company. The old school way.

Good luck.

ps. Fee free to be your own copywriter for this. That’s ok ;)

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Unsurprisingly… I like the concept quite a bit. As a parent, it can tell you - we overspend on our kids!

Bigger issue is that stuff we buy becomes useless clutter very soon.

This is a major inconvenience twice.

1st - new assembly: I don’t want to do it. But I’m now a bloody expert! My house is overflowing with toys (doll houses, food truck, ABC and number games etc). Problem is this: most are impossible to disassemble! Opportunity? Yes.

2nd - I gifted to friend who just had a boy more stuff than can fit into our two SUVs. Someone buying some of this off my hands would feel like free money!

I am not listing any of it on craigslist because it’s too much hassle. Too many weirdos. Waste of my time. So I keep gifting. Imagine someone organized a hassle free pick up? And even paid something? Wow.

Lastly, based on all that - if you get into this business, develop products that can be easily disassembled and repaired. Do that from scratch by design and grow a billion dollar company. The old school way.

Good luck.

ps. Fee free to be your own copywriter for this. That’s ok ;)
i like your idea, i will peruse my local classifieds in the morning to see what kind of free stuff people are giving away in general because it is cumbersome or past its use case, thanks

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
thats very dismissive for someone who used to make 300-1000 a week reselling guitars on the local classifieds while in high school amigo

I have no idea where you are going with your comments.

But for anyone paying attention:

- it is not about reselling just something used
- it is about bundling product + service + niching down

Target was infamous for predicting pregnancy of their customers and direct advertising to fit that need. Every parent knows: we are exhausted and have no time. We’ll spend $$ to buy any little time freedom we can. And every retailer knows that.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I have no idea where you are going with your comments.

But for anyone paying attention:

- it is not about reselling just something used
- it is about bundling product + service + niching down

Target was infamous for predicting pregnancy of their customers and direct advertising to fit that need. Every parent knows: we are exhausted and have no time. We’ll spend $$ to buy any little time freedom we can. And every retailer knows that.
I am paying attention?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I am paying attention?

Only you know that.

Based on your replies, either “no” or “not enough”.

People like me don’t advertise on Craigslist for “free shit at my house”. I gift all to any acquaintance nearby. Typically someone working for me or a friend of a friend…

I think you are missing the point Kak made above. And missing my point . You must find someone like me without me looking for you. get it?

If not, I’m done.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Only you know that.

Based on your replies, either “no” or “not enough”.

People like me don’t advertise on Craigslist for “free shit at my house”. I gift all to any acquaintance nearby. Typically someone working for me or a friend of a friend…

I think you are missing the point Kak made above. And missing my point . You must find someone like me without me looking for you. get it?

If not, I’m done.
okay yes, i get it, how do i find these people looking for me to take their stuff?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
F048EE5B-F778-4F2E-8436-1161B053104E.jpeg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
me too! and kak is a clown??? :rofl:
He’s calling you out to do better and you call HIM a clown?

Dude.

Like they say in poker, if you can’t spot a sucker at the table: you see it.

Geezzz

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
He’s calling you out to do better and you call HIM a clown?

Dude.

Like that say in poker, if you can’t spot a sucker at the table: you see it.

Geezzz
calling me out???? i dont get your poker analogy...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.