The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Social Media and Viral videos are the future

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

NJDonny89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 2, 2012
NJ
Hey guys,

Not sure if you have ever heard of this ad agency called Mekanism but they are absolutely amazing, and they really can teach you how much advertising is going to change. Their job is to create viral marketing campaigns for large brands, and they are one of the only companies I know exists. They released a few videos like these:

[video=youtube;1DHo8fYFsd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHo8fYFsd0[/video]

[video=youtube;GhxqIITtTtU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU[/video]

The ape with AK47 has almost 20 million views, and the film made over 400 million dollars so far.

I just think it's really cool how large corporations are starting to really think outside the box, and since that is what we are all trying to do (Be an outlier), and I also thought you guys would appreciate this.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHo8fYFsd0

It's a superbowl ad, so cannot be called viral in the purest sense if you pay millions to air it. Do people talk about it afterwards and mention the brand? Probably talk, maybe mention the brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

The ape with AK47 has almost 20 million views, and the film made over 400 million dollars so far.

I was sent this link before several times by acquaintances and I had to tell them it's fake (i.e. an acted film) and some even argued (remind me to get better acquaintances) to the contrary. So in terms of viralness this one is a bonafied winner.

Something funny, out of the ordinary or shocking to bait the simians it is...

NJDonny89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 2, 2012
NJ
It's a superbowl ad, so cannot be called viral in the purest sense if you pay millions to air it. Do people talk about it afterwards and mention the brand? Probably talk, maybe mention the brand.

Good point. What brisk did is work with this company, was to redevelop their image in order to gain the popularity of Millenials. They started off with viral videos telling the entire screenplay of Machete, and another one working with Ozzy Ozbourne. It wasn't till the superbowl where they released the Eminem video. So in essence they did create a viral videos, along with some innovative marketing ideas before they went completely mainstream.

Also that's the whole point right? Use viral to transfer into Mainstream! The other cool part is that they continued with the entire claymation aspect of Brisk with the newer Star War's Brisk Commercials.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.