What's new

So... Now what do I do?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mikekob

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
235
Location
Denver, CO
Rep Bank
$965
User Power: 198%
Hi guys,

I'm putting together a software program used on the iPad to be used as a charting tool in the medical field. Very simple, and easy to use. Targets the actual pain points of the industry I have spent my Slowlane last 11 years in. Turned 30 and all of a sudden I realized I need to change something and quick. I have zero business experience and here's my questions:

I have a nice mock up, customer to test it, and one soon to be people/companies to build the UI and another person to build the back end. I have an investor lined up willing to pay an unknown amount of cash to finance the build, plus his father is an ER doctor which this has a slight target to who also likes the product a lot. I'm making some calls this week to pre-sell the product. Does the investor have a roll? Aside from collecting his money. I would like to have the ability to buy out my investor once things get moving. For an attractive price of course but is that common practice?

I am having a hard time with what to do now. I need a break down of costs and figure out my profit margin, look at expenses, and all that financial stuff. The guy building the back end who will also maintain and install clients, wants 2% to build it and some cash. Do I make a contract with him? Is it 2% of profits or does he get a straight salary?

Is this what the hell a mentor is for? I come from the farthest thing from a business background and have been shooting from the hip over the last 5 months or so when I started. Much of that has been guess work and taking my time with decisions.

Thanks,
Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jiz Noli,

Gostv ug emm O xuamf moli vu duphsevamevi zua up zuas qsukidv! Zua jewi velip vji ofie uav ug zuas cseop, tassuapfif xovj qiuqmi epf nuwif gusxesf xovj ov xjodj ot emsiefz e coh fiem (e muv ug ofiet foi op vji cseop ug vjios dsievust, zuast fof puv).

Jisi ot xjev O apfistvuuf gsun zuas qutv:

  • Zua xomm fiwimuq ep oQef eqq gus vji nifodem goimf
  • Zua jewi guapf vji tvegg vu edvaemmz dufi vji eqq
  • Zua jewi guapf ep opwitvus vu qesvpis xovj
  • Zuas qesvpis jet e pivxusl ug IS fudvus xjodj ji dep ati
  • Zua xuamf moli vu caz cedl vji tjesit ug zuas qesvpis xjip vji qsufadv velit ugg

O en puv tasi og zuas vidj haz xepvt 2% ug vji qsugovt us 2% tjesi ug vji dunqepz. Zua tjuamf dmies vjot quopv xovj jon.

Vu ni vji piyv tviq xuamf ci vu taswiz zuas nesliv ecuav zuas qsufadv. Neli e meshis vitv xovj duptanist epf og quttocmi veml vu fidotup nelist (xju qezt?).
Vjot xomm jimq zua ofipvogz xjev vjiz dassipvmz ati, og zuas qsufadv dep ci jimqgam epf jux nadj esi vjiz xommoph vu tqipf.

Niepxjomi, zua tjuamf fu e dutv tvafz. O dep'v jimq zua tu nadj op vjev esie cav O'n tasi qiuqmi jisi xomm ci.

Et tuup et zua hiv cuvj tviq fupi, zua tjuamf ci ecmi vu fivisnopi og zuas qsukidv ot woecmi (us puv). Og zit, zua tjuamf tvesv timmoph. Gudat zuas iggusvt upmz up Temit epf neslivoph (datvunis tevotgedvoup tjuamf ci wisz johj op zuas neslivoph qmep). Vjisi esi nepz cuult/qsuhsent vjev xomm howi zua e vup ug ofie up jux vu fu tu. O siemmz tahhitv Djiv Jumnit' cuul "Vji amvonevi temit nedjopi" gus tvesvist. Ji xet e lommmis (ji sidipvmz qettif exez vu mialinoe).

O juqi nz dunnipv jimqt!

Liiq huoph caffz! Vji dunnapovz ot sohjv cijopf zua xjipiwis zua xepv
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom