- Joined
- Sep 21, 2014
- Messages
- 25
Rep Bank
$180
$180
User Power: 116%
Hello everyone,
So I recently graduated from college with bachelors in accounting & finance... only to realize that slowlane life isn't for me.
While attending college, I always had my own online business flipping stuff on eBay which started as a hobby, then it started to take more and more out of time that I had to quit one of my minimum wage jobs at the time. Basically, I was making more doing few hours of work a day than working a 10 hour shift so I decided why not keep that extra time to myself, more time to focus on flipping and school.
About two years ago I started doing internships/working while attending school full time so it left me with very little time to play on ebay but I did squeeze in few sales here and there. I actually ordered the TFLM book back in May.. of 2013, but did not actually read it until this summer as I was busy with school and work. My ebaying now is pretty much niche, making enough to cover few expenses. Nothing I can capitalize on.
After I graduated in May of this year, I went to brazil for the world cup then I did another internship overseas for an accounting firm. Now I am back in the states, been applying to jobs past few weeks but my biggest fear is to be stuck in the 9-5 hamster wheel. I went to few interviews, even recently one in Wall St but nothing seems appealing to me. I am only looking for a job now where I can actually develop more skills.
I used to be so busy working/going to school but now all of the sudden everything came to an end at the same time. I'll still be running my small online business while job searching to save up some money and until the fire in me is ready to be set.
This forum is awesome, filled with great info - thanks to all the contributors & I hope one day to give back!
So I recently graduated from college with bachelors in accounting & finance... only to realize that slowlane life isn't for me.
While attending college, I always had my own online business flipping stuff on eBay which started as a hobby, then it started to take more and more out of time that I had to quit one of my minimum wage jobs at the time. Basically, I was making more doing few hours of work a day than working a 10 hour shift so I decided why not keep that extra time to myself, more time to focus on flipping and school.
About two years ago I started doing internships/working while attending school full time so it left me with very little time to play on ebay but I did squeeze in few sales here and there. I actually ordered the TFLM book back in May.. of 2013, but did not actually read it until this summer as I was busy with school and work. My ebaying now is pretty much niche, making enough to cover few expenses. Nothing I can capitalize on.
After I graduated in May of this year, I went to brazil for the world cup then I did another internship overseas for an accounting firm. Now I am back in the states, been applying to jobs past few weeks but my biggest fear is to be stuck in the 9-5 hamster wheel. I went to few interviews, even recently one in Wall St but nothing seems appealing to me. I am only looking for a job now where I can actually develop more skills.
I used to be so busy working/going to school but now all of the sudden everything came to an end at the same time. I'll still be running my small online business while job searching to save up some money and until the fire in me is ready to be set.
This forum is awesome, filled with great info - thanks to all the contributors & I hope one day to give back!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
