The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

snagging a expired domain name

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
I noticed that the owner of a domain name with xthousands exact monthly searches has failed to renew..

I would love to grab this because I this I think you can build a lead generation business on this..

Anybody familiar with this process... any advice? am I dreaming I will get this at cheap or reasonable price...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You can always try!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I noticed that the owner of a domain name with xthousands exact monthly searches has failed to renew..

I would love to grab this because I this I think you can build a lead generation business on this..

Anybody familiar with this process... any advice? am I dreaming I will get this at cheap or reasonable price...

Snapnames.com has NEVER let me down

You'll pay for it. But 9 times out of 10 they can get your domain name for you!

If they don't get it, you don't pay.

If your domain name really is exceptional then you will probably find that other people will try to snap it up too. If that is the case you will enter into a private bidding with them that lasts three days.

You could risk it and wait for weeks until the domain names drops and becomes publically available but if the domain really is good the chances are somebody else will snap it up before you get the chance or the current owners will renew it in their grace period.

If you like pm me your domain name (I am NOT trying to rip you off!) and I'll have a look and see if it is something other people might be after. I can analyse your risk and advise you the best course of action. I have enough on my plate with domain names so trust me I am not interested in your domain. i.e I won't con you by snapping your domain, I see thousands of them every day!

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
You can always try!

not as easy as placing a back order. There public auctions... and even if you win the owner can re register the site by just paying 100 dollar penalty. And if he doesn't there are companies that can scoop the domain name when it is released and before it is transferred to you. Apparently there is a 3 hour window when it become available...

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
Snapnames.com has NEVER let me down

You'll pay for it. But 9 times out of 10 they can get your domain name for you!

If they don't get it, you don't pay.

If your domain name really is exceptional then you will probably find that other people will try to snap it up too. If that is the case you will enter into a private bidding with them that lasts three days.

You could risk it and wait for weeks until the domain names drops and becomes publically available but if the domain really is good the chances are somebody else will snap it up before you get the chance or the current owners will renew it in their grace period.

If you like pm me your domain name (I am NOT trying to rip you off!) and I'll have a look and see if it is something other people might be after. I can analyse your risk and advise you the best course of action. I have enough on my plate with domain names so trust me I am not interested in your domain. i.e I won't con you by snapping your domain, I see thousands of them every day!
Thanks for the help... the site looks good. I am a bit confused... quick questions?

The domain name is registered with godaddy.. if I backorder it with godaddy can it still be taken by sites like snapnames.com?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
It is important to know the status of the domain.

How many days has it pased the renewal date?

I got to go for the day.

But basically, if your domain is with Godaddy then you can backorder it with them.

However, once a domain enters pending delete status it no longer matters where it was regsitered.

You will have to use a drop catching service like Snapnames to get it because godaddys drop catcher is very very crap!

There are lots of other factors involved when selecting a drop catcher, but in your case, as it was with godaddy, just to be safe, backorder it with godaddy and also use snapnames to be guarenteed success.

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
It is important to know the status of the domain.

How many days has it pased the renewal date?

I got to go for the day.

But basically, if your domain is with Godaddy then you can backorder it with them.

However, once a domain enters pending delete status it no longer matters where it was regsitered.

You will have to use a drop catching service like Snapnames to get it because godaddys drop catcher is very very crap!

There are lots of other factors involved when selecting a drop catcher, but in your case, as it was with godaddy, just to be safe, backorder it with godaddy and also use snapnames to be guarenteed success.
Awesome! The domain expired May 31th...

I also just found pool.com maybe i will backorder with them too..

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
If I have to bid on this... how can I develop a range for the actual value of the domain?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.