The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Should I start a new business or grow my current one?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
India
I have been working on a business my dad setup a few years ago, in which I am struggling to develop some interest. I don't really know what my passion is so there's no other way around it. I have never faced the struggle of starting a business from ground up since the current business I am working on was already setup when I joined. The question is, should I look for starting another business or should I scale my current business? Although my interest in my current business is a bit low, I still enjoying working on it. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OMJ

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
The question is, should I look for starting another business or should I scale my current business?
Scale

Doing something you don't have "passion" for will put hairs on your chest.

And the grass is always greener, until you cross that fence & discover the quagmire that is start up.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Oct 28, 2020
I have been working on a business my dad setup a few years ago, in which I am struggling to develop some interest. I don't really know what my passion is so there's no other way around it. I have never faced the struggle of starting a business from ground up since the current business I am working on was already setup when I joined. The question is, should I look for starting another business or should I scale my current business? Although my interest in my current business is a bit low, I still enjoying working on it. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
You are lucky my friend If you are doing a ready-made business. if I were you, definitely I grow my current business because it will take many years to build my self-made business. You just need to increase your interest and get motivation as much as you can. All the best.

PaulFelder

New Contributor
Jan 23, 2021
Do not destroy an existing business because you are not sure of something. To build this business, your parents invested a lot of effort and money. Develop an existing business, it will make money, and then you start another one that you like better, and you can just browse the existing one. Some business owners turn to factoring companies for financial assistance, just so that their business does not sink. You are ready to give up the business that you have on your hands. I would advise you to pull yourself together and not ruin someone else's work. I hope you do the right thing.

[SIGNATURE REMOVED]

Last edited:

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Feb 17, 2015
England

If you give us some information about what you're struggling with regarding your current business maybe we can all help you?

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
I know many investors who have been able to revive their fathers' old business. I think you can find many advantages in this if you create a good strategy and business plan. If you don't have enough knowledge or information about what the right thing to do is, I would suggest that if you try to optimize your tax setup, success will come to you in any decision. This plugin has more advantages than disadvantages, so I believe it can help you make the right choice and revive an old business idea with a new vision.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Hi Rob, I've sent you a PM as I’m trying to join since midweek. Cheers
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom