The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shifting gears from Slowlane to Fastlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Nackog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 12, 2017
United States
My name is Ross. I work in the heavy industrial construction industry. It is a fairly “good” job but the travel and hours are crazy. The more I learn about entrepreneurship the more frustrated I get knowing that my hours are not going towards building something of my own but instead I’m just helping to fuel up my CEO’s fleet of jets. The work has cost me relationships, years of my time, and my health. For what? A decent pay check? I’ve watched my coworkers trap themselves with debt and divorces. I've seen tough, grown men crying at their desks because they missed their child’s first steps and won’t see their family again for months.

Ever since I started working in this industry (6 years ago) I've been planning my escape but at first I approached it with a deeply slowlane mentality. This allowed me to pack away some good savings and get a money system rolling but I still felt trapped by the time it would take me to get to my goal (money system income > baseline costs). I discovered the Millionaire Fastlane 3 years ago and it changed my whole approach. I have gifted three copies to friends so far. The book changed my mentality and showed me a way out of the scripted life. Thank you @MJ DeMarco!

I still work for the same company but my current contract is up in 260 days (who’s counting). Since reading TMF I have tried a few different ideas but none were successful largely due to the fact that I “tried” instead of going all-in. I am working on breaking an old slowlane habit of being overly risk averse. However, I recently had an event (FTE) that really pushed me to go for it. It’s time to get my ideas out into the marketplace. The goal is to use some of what I have learned in my work to start a fastlane business and live an unscripted life full of freedom, family, and fitness. I look forward to sharing with the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard and thanks for the introduction.

Since reading TMF

Read Unscripted , it goes even deeper in how to switch lanes and mentality. Moreover, it tells you how to get in the game without having some type of blockbuster idea.

Nackog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 12, 2017
United States
It has been over a year since this last post and long overdue for an update. Since the last post I have:
  • Read Unscripted (twice) and it was awesome. The book is helping me focus on putting more value out into the world.
  • Negotiated a promotion and a location change across the country at my slow lane job that will allow me to learn more and have more time for business. It's also a far better location. I move in the next 2 weeks. Saving and building my money system / seed capital.
  • I'm taking classes in my niche to build the skills required for my fastlane business. I'll make a progress thread when I get it rolling.
Increasing my scores in the true wealth categories of family, freedom, and fitness but I need to take more action!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Better late than never. Glad to hear that you're better off than a year ago. That's something to be happy about.

Is there any way you can expedite getting started? Maybe pay for people who have the skills you need to do that part of the process?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nackog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 12, 2017
United States
Thank you @lowtek! Hiring people to help me is definitely something I plan to do once I make it to my new location at the end of the month. I manage people at work (slow lane job) but personally hiring people is a new shift for me. Time to get outside my comfort zone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...