Hello everyone,
This topic might be interesting for everyone who is a self-publishier and treating publishing as a business. Especially if your are outsourcing the writing process, growing your business and publishing is your main source of income, this might be interesting to consider: Starting a Publishing Company
I have been thinking about the pros and cons of incorporation and it would be great to know, who else is making a living as a self-publisher and has set up a company. Is it an overkill or does it makes sense?
Here are the pros that I think are making sense:
Legal and Financial Protection
Tax Advantages
Able to start up another Amazon KDP account
I am not from US but I am also interested to hear what type of business structure is best for publishers in US because I might move to the States in future.
Any input is very welcome. Please share your experience!
This topic might be interesting for everyone who is a self-publishier and treating publishing as a business. Especially if your are outsourcing the writing process, growing your business and publishing is your main source of income, this might be interesting to consider: Starting a Publishing Company
I have been thinking about the pros and cons of incorporation and it would be great to know, who else is making a living as a self-publisher and has set up a company. Is it an overkill or does it makes sense?
Here are the pros that I think are making sense:
Legal and Financial Protection
Tax Advantages
Able to start up another Amazon KDP account
I am not from US but I am also interested to hear what type of business structure is best for publishers in US because I might move to the States in future.
Any input is very welcome. Please share your experience!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
