The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Service business located in shopping malls a good Idea?

Idea threads

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 9, 2019
Hi all.
So I am speculating on opening my second advanced beauty clinic and have been presented with some options on locations.
There are some very attractive spots inside some gallerias/shopping malls that have grasped my eyes.
Problem is, the rent is about 2 times as high as being outside the mall.
I have seen some hairdressers in some malls around the world and they always seems super busy.
So does anyone have any ideas if its good to open a service business inside a busy shopping mall and pay a higher rent?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Shopping malls is a declining industry, I wouldn't want my store in a shopping mall.

And as a customer, I would never get my haircut in a shopping mall. I would never expect a high quality service in a shopping mall.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 9, 2019
Shopping malls is a declining industry, I wouldn't want my store in a shopping mall.

And as a customer, I would never get my haircut in a shopping mall. I would never expect a high quality service in a shopping mall.
The business that I want to open is an Advance Beauty Clinic that does treatments and sell products.
The reason I was thinking about a shopping center is because of a very high customer exposure outside and a high flow of people.

Do you think because more and more do shopping online, physical stores close and as such shopping centres/malls is a declining industry?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I read an article I think last weekend in the WSJ. It says for shopping malls to compete in this age, they need outside entertainment and vendors that you can't get from the ecommerce sites. Like theme parks or rides, playgrounds for kids, bowling alleys, etc. It even talked about car washes on one end of the mall and autobody places so you could drop your car off and have the oil changed while you shopped instead of just sitting around in a waiting room somewhere. I think doing something like this and creating a destination is the only chance shopping malls have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 9, 2019
I read an article I think last weekend in the WSJ. It says for shopping malls to compete in this age, they need outside entertainment and vendors that you can't get from the ecommerce sites. Like theme parks or rides, playgrounds for kids, bowling alleys, etc. It even talked about car washes on one end of the mall and autobody places so you could drop your car off and have the oil changed while you shopped instead of just sitting around in a waiting room somewhere. I think doing something like this and creating a destination is the only chance shopping malls have.
Do you think this applies to small cities aswell?
I went to a neighbouring town yesterday to speculate.
It lives about 120k people in the town.
The flow of people is between 2 shopping centres along an avenue with some shops and cafes inbetween.
The mall was also packed with people.
But maybe opening there has the added risk of decreesed flow over the next comming years and that its better to open in outside the mall along a busy street.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.