• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Progress Thread September 2017 | Onwards & Upwards

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by mo3, Sep 12, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. mo3

mo3 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $229
    I finished TMF yesterday. Today I attended my uncle's funeral with the few remaining members of my utterly dysfunctional ancestral family and I am totally, emotionally wiped out.

Reading TMF has opened up a cobweb-covered box of dreams I shelved a long time ago.

I am going to re-read TMF, read Unscripted, make a plan and get going.

But right now I am going to sleep because I've been up two nights with a sick toddler and I've been over far too much old mental ground from the past today, and I need rest. I'll be back with notes and plans, using this thread very selfishly as a public way to make myself accountable.

Thanks for indulging me. I hope I can provide something interesting to read in the coming months, and if I can't, I'm sure you will all tell me ;)

jon.a likes this.
  2. Qstyle

Qstyle Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Sorry for your loss.
    Good luck on executing your plan.

mo3 likes this.
  3. mo3

Rep Bank:
    $229
    H'okay. I've slept off yesterday.

I'll update monthly unless there is some serious breaking news in the interim so I don't spam the feed with daily musings.

Below I've listed the things I'm doing in September 2017.

It's basically groundwork. I work for myself providing websites and hosting for small businesses and can't just stop mid-project. Also, I am a work-at-home mum of three children (7,6,1) and I have no family or help with the kids, so I also have to do all the gruntwork of running the house, feeding everyone and making sure all school stuff is done. My time is not my own, but that needs fixing. So:

1. Stop drinking
    I drink because I spend each day in a never-ending hamster wheel of never-ending housework, client work, and child management. Bad choice that needs fixing.

2. Re-read TMF

3. Read Unscripted

4. Live below my means

My net debt at the start of this month was £5122.53. I struggle so much with reigning in my spending, but TMF made me realise how important this is. If I can't control my spending on my current income, how will I control it when I am earning much more? Needs fixing.

5. Stop fire-fighting
    Find some way to deal with the fact that I cannot cope with the house/garden/food/clothing/school/kids/email/PTA/freelance work situation and am constantly missing/forgetting things, always stressed, never have time to do anything and am always miserable (and then I drink to ignore it all until the next day). Throw everything away? Set up systems? Make chores lists for everyone? Find money to pay for a cleaner? Fix this.

6. Remove my lowest cost web package
    It's not worth my time to continue to offer it.

7. Start saving 1k

8. Work out my monthly income goal as per TMF

9. Do the whole "make the dream real" thing
    Find pictures of what I want and plaster them where I will see them daily (on my children's foreheads? in the dishwasher?)

10. Decide what to do to build a business system
    Start thinking, analysing, and come up with a workable idea.

That's it for this month. I'll update at the beginning of October. Feeling motivated, although I have no idea yet how I'm going to dig myself out of the absolute grind of my current daily life. It's about time I did though, so here's to being in a better place in 17 days time (er, just realised that's not very long at all. Better get to it).

Mo.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Longinus likes this.
  4. Qstyle

Qstyle Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Don't look back, set your goals and keep going forward. One day you will notice how far you have come.
    Good luck.

mo3 likes this.
  5. mo3

Rep Bank:
    $229
    Thanks Qstyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk