The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Storage for Wine collectors

eTyler19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 19, 2008
SW Michigan
I read this in another post today. Someone has created a self storage for people who collect wine. I think this is a very fascinating idea. Anyone have any ideas how to survey an area to see if there would be enough potential wine collectors?

pros:

You wouldn't need as large of a facility for wine.
some might be willing to pay a little extra for this convenience

Cons:

Not enough wine enthusiast in the area to support the business..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've heard about this and it might be something that would be feasible in congested cities where real estate prices are far above national averages ... 2 cities immediately that come to mind are San Fran and NY. People don't have the extra space for wine storage in their small homes or apartments.

However, I don't think this would work in places such as Phoenix and other cities with lower housing costs. Here you get a lot of bang for your housing buck. Many luxury homes here have room for wine storage, if they don't already have wine cellars. In fact, my house has a dedicated wine closet and I don't even drink wine.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Dittos... Here in Colorado Springs, 75% of the homes come with basements, which are ideal for storing your wine. You'd want to do this in a region where basements are not the norm.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I don't think I would want to narrow my potential market with that much specialization. But I do think it's a great marketing tool to have a few spaces available for wine storage in every general self-storage complex that caters to that demographic. Like MJ said, you'd be better off in downtown areas probably. Most housing in suburbia is large enough to store anything! However, if I found something really wonderful at a really great price, and it wouldn't fit in my wine fridge or wine "closet", then I might consider it even in suburbia.

Problem is, if I were short of storage space, I would simply view this as a good reason to throw a party or two.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.