The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Searching for private money tips and tricks to finding the right investor?

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Hello Everyone

I am starting out my first fastlane business with a couple of partners and am new to this world of business. Both of my partners are experienced and have had business prior. I have some exposure but just wanted to get some tips on getting money from private lenders. From people that are experienced, I have gotten a couple of private lenders but will need to look for larger investors in the not too distant future to scale it up over time. I have completed my part of the business plan and have sold the idea to some investors. I am just looking for some creative ideas on how to go about finding more investors with bigger pockets. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
@Kak @Vigilante I think these guys are the heavy weight contenders

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Kak yes. Me? No.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Hello Everyone

I am starting out my first fastlane business with a couple of partners and am new to this world of business. Both of my partners are experienced and have had business prior. I have some exposure but just wanted to get some tips on getting money from private lenders. From people that are experienced, I have gotten a couple of private lenders but will need to look for larger investors in the not too distant future to scale it up over time. I have completed my part of the business plan and have sold the idea to some investors. I am just looking for some creative ideas on how to go about finding more investors with bigger pockets. Any help would be highly appreciated.
How much are you looking to raise? Are you generating revenues yet?

If you are looking for 7-figure amounts of capital, then you might be best off engaging an investment bank that caters to the tech/VC markets. Debt likely won't be an option unless you or your partners have significant personal assets, and are willing, to collateralize the loan.

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Are you looking for a lender or an equity investor? Those are two very different things...

I am looking for an equity investor for the long term 5 to 6 figure investment for a fair amount of shares in the company we are still developing part of it is already producing revenue but we are going to expand our marketing efforts and add services to add more monthly income. We dont have an issue with obtaining money from a lender and it is an option we are looking at.

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
How much are you looking to raise? Are you generating revenues yet?

If you are looking for 7-figure amounts of capital, then you might be best off engaging an investment bank that caters to the tech/VC markets. Debt likely won't be an option unless you or your partners have significant personal assets, and are willing, to collateralize the loan.

I am looking for a 5 to 6 figure equity investor for the business. We have been looking at loans from banks and have had it as a option. However real estate is part of our business plan and we do need private money down the road to help us get better deals on purchases and increase month to month cash flow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
Hello Everyone

You say you have gotten a couple of private lenders...

Where did you find them?

What are the terms?

Amount, length, interest etc.

I've been searching for some private lenders myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
@JScott

Thanks for the reply.

I actually know more about lending than borrowing.

I lend money to people for my business.

I have loaned all the money or "inventory" I have and there is still
unmet demand.

I've reached the end of my network that's why I'll have to be approaching strangers to borrow at a lower rate and lend at a higher one.

You say private lenders are everywhere and that may be true in theory but gaining the trust of a stranger with no introduction has proven difficult.

Most people I've encountered are risk averse and not hungry for more.

Most aren't actively looking to make money with their money especially involving any degree of risk.

Any group of people (such as small business owners for example), or Lending markets online that you recommend to find people hungry for returns on their money?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.