I have a new web-based venture that I am starting to promote. Basically it is a "cloud" service that will enable my customers (businesses) to provide better service to their customers.
(I know a lot about the market because I have worked in the industry for over 10yrs and know a lot of the challenges and needs)
My marketing plan is basically picking up the phone and calling potential customers to tell them about the service (free for limited use) - This gives me completely targeted advertising. I don't think people are actively "searching" for my service online but would be interested in using it if they knew about it.
When making these cold calls, what is the best way to present the image that I am representing a legitimate company while starting up on a shoestring budget? I would be making these calls at lunch on break from my day job, and don't want to invest money to get an answering service/etc until I begin to generate some income from the site.
Any insight would be appreciated.
(I know a lot about the market because I have worked in the industry for over 10yrs and know a lot of the challenges and needs)
My marketing plan is basically picking up the phone and calling potential customers to tell them about the service (free for limited use) - This gives me completely targeted advertising. I don't think people are actively "searching" for my service online but would be interested in using it if they knew about it.
When making these cold calls, what is the best way to present the image that I am representing a legitimate company while starting up on a shoestring budget? I would be making these calls at lunch on break from my day job, and don't want to invest money to get an answering service/etc until I begin to generate some income from the site.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
