The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SaaS: Deconstructing Atlassian $320M in Revenue

Anything related to matters of the mind

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I'm fascinated by the internals of companies and this overview delivers (for me):

http://tomtunguz.com/atlassian-s-1/

Atlassian, such a sleeper company. I've used some of their products in the past and meh, thought nothing special of them. Definitely not the new Silcon Valley hotness.

Definitely overlooked:

Yesterday, Atlassian filed their F-1, a document preceding their IPO, and revealed how efficient a software company they have built. In 2015, the company will generate $320M in revenue.

Smart:
Though Atlassian counts more than half of the Fortune 500 as customers, no single customer accounts for more than 1% of revenue.

Stands Out:
Atlassian spends aggressively in research and development, investing more than 40% of revenues of late into improving their products, optimizing the funnels which fuels the growth

Amazing:
Perhaps the most impressive part of Atlassian’s business is their go-to-market efficiency. While the median SaaS company spends between 50-100% of their annual revenue on sales and marketing, Atlassian has spent between 12 and 21% of their revenue on customer acquisition in the last three years. These metrics simply unheard of.
The data makes clear that Atlassian employs a fundamentally different go-to-market than the classic sales development rep to inside sales model championed by books like Predictable Revenue and popularized by Salesforce.
Atlassian operates at 83.4% gross margin

And this post deconstructs a lot of it's, less than stellar onboarding:

http://appcues.com/blog/atlassian-5-billion-dollar-user-onboarding-magic/
Atlassian has grown to $320M in annual revenue with virtually no sales team. Damn.

Anyone in SaaS can tell you that there’s only one way of doing that: a low-touch funnel that converts new signups to paid users at a ridiculous rate.

So how did Atlassian do that? What do they know about user onboarding that the rest of us don’t? Is there a silver bullet, afterall?

Curious, I signed up for 4 Atlassian products—JIRA, HipChat, Confluence, BitBucket—to find out how Atlassian is onboarding new users. What I found may surprise you.

Interesting... and definitely well worth the read...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.